[Rushtalk] An old preists dying wish

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Thu May 14 08:03:07 MDT 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: TxForce OBrien txforce707 at gmail.com [2ampd]
<2ampd at yahoogroups.com>

The passing of an old priest
in Washington D.C.

                   In Washington, DC, an old priest lay dying in the
                                       hospital.

                  For years he had faithfully served the people of the
                             nation's capital and was well
                 known among the elected officials. He motioned for his
                                  nurse to come near.

                            "Yes, Father?" said the nurse.

                "I would really like to see President Obama and Hillary
                                        Clinton

                          before Idie," whispered the priest.

                 "I'll see what I can do, Father", replied the nurse.

                The nurse sent the request to The President and Hillary

                               and waited for a response.

                   Soon the word arrived; President Obama and Hillary

                      both would be delightedto visit the priest.

                    On their way to the hospital, Obama commented to
                                       Hillary,

                   "I don't know whythe old priest wants to see us,

                        but it will certainly help our images."
                       Hillary agreed that it was a good thing.

                When they arrived at the priest's room, the priest took
                                    Obama's hand in
                  his right hand and Hillary's hand in his left hand.

                  There was silence and a look of serenity on the old
                                    priest's face..

                   Finally President Obama spoke. "Father, of all the
                                 people you could have
                chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near
                                       the end?"

                 The old priest slowly replied, "I have always tried to
                                    pattern my life
                       after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

                       "Amen", said Obama. "Amen", said Hillary.

                               The old priest continued,

                         "Jesus died between two lying thieves;

                              I would like to do the same."