[Rushtalk] First Lady requires more than twenty attendants

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Fri May 22 10:37:24 MDT 2015

First Lady requires more than twenty attendants

By Dr. Paul L. Williams -- Bio

“In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this
country that has given me so much,” she said. “See, that’s why I left a
job at a big law firm for a career in public service, “ Michelle Obama

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she
doesn’t perform any official duties. But this hasn’t deterred her from
hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim
and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession.
Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the
White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out
the salary for her personal secretary.

How things have changed! If you’re one of the tens of millions of
Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence
wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald
cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the
benefit package for these servants of Miz Michele are the same as
members of the national security and defense departments and the bill
for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:

     1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (CHIEF OF STAFF)
     2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (DEPUTY ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
        AND DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
     3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE
        PRESIDENT AND WHITE HOUSE SOCIAL SECRETARY)
     4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE
        PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
     5. Winter, Melissa E. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND
        DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
     6. $90,000 - Medina, David S. (DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST
        LADY)
     7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (DIRECTOR AND PRESS SECRETARY
        TO THE FIRST LADY)
     8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND
        ADVANCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
     9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND
        PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
    10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL
        SECRETARY)
    11. Reinstein, Joseph B. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL
        SECRETARY)
    12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING
        AND EVENTS COORDINATOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
    13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF ADVANCE AND TRIP
        DIRECTOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
    14. Lewis, Dana M. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT AND PERSONAL AIDE TO THE FIRST
        LADY)
    15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY
        PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)
    16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT FOR SCHEDULING
        AND TRAVELING AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)
    17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF
        CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
    18. Tubman, Samantha (DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR,SOCIAL OFFICE)
    19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CHIEF
        OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
    20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (STAFF ASSISTANT TO THE SOCIAL
        SECRETARY)
    21. Bookey, Natalie (STAFF ASSISTANT)
    22. Jackson, Deilia A. (DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE
        FOR THE FIRST LADY)

“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who
are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it”

—Albert Einstein