[Rushtalk] Obama's Iran Deal Will Survive As 34th Senator Announces Support

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Fri Oct 9 22:07:12 MDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 10:07 -0500, Steven Laib wrote:
> Rule of law is practically dead. The bill that reversed the treaty
> rule should not be considered constitutional but the courts would kick
> out any challenges.
>

> I was once informed that restrictions on lawsuits against government
> were necessary so government would not be obstructed from legitimate
> business. I disagree. A citizen should have an unrestricted right to
> sue the government to enforce the constitution without exception.

Unfortunately it seems the Founders only provided for the Second
Amendment not torts perhaps that is because they could foresee political
parallysis brought on by courts making the nation incapable of dealing
with issues in a timely matter.  Imagine if Joe Kennedy had been able to
block FDR;s war just to protect his Whiskey interests.  Or communists
blocking Reagan's tax cuts.

CWSIV