[Rushtalk] Read the Facebook Post a Police Chief Penned on Black Lives Matter That Led to His Sudden Retirement

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Sat Oct 10 18:11:49 MDT 2015

Read the Facebook Post a Police Chief Penned on Black Lives Matter That
Led to His Sudden Retirement

Sep. 15, 2015 10:42pm  Oliver Darcy

A police chief in a small North Carolina town retired Tuesday after an
emergency meeting was called by the mayor over a Facebook post on the
Black Lives Matter moment he authored earlier this month.

Surf City Police Chief Mike Halstead wrote a lengthy post on his
personal Facebook page Sept. 3, calling Black Lives Matter an “American
born terrorist group” and suggesting President Barack Obama has played a
role in inflaming a “race problem in this country.”

Mike Halstead (Source: Town of Surf City via WECT-TV)

Mike Halstead (Source: Town of Surf City via WECT-TV)

Here’s the full post via WECT-TV:

        Open letter from a Police Chief , this Black Lives Matter group
        is nothing more than an American born terrorist group brought on
        by the lie of the hands up don’t shoot during the criminal thug
        Michael Brown incident. The FBI and other Government Law
        Enforcement groups need to step up and put a stop to this. The
        Government and blacks would not tolerate the White Supremacist
        group to march through the streets and call for the murders of a
        race of people and a group of public servants. I agree there is
        a race problem in this country. It is not brought on by police
        officer doing their sworn duty, it is brought on by the
        government, the President and his cronies Al Sharpton, who is a
        criminal tax evader (but has the support of our so called
        President), Jessi Jackson, Eric Holder and that ignorant S.O.B.
        Farrakhan who should be charged with solicitation for murder,
        lord knows a white man would be arrested for the same actions of
        idiot Farakhan. I am sure there are many hard working Black
        people who will agree with me. I have been a Police Officer for
        35 years. I do not judge anyone by the color of their skin, but
        by there actions. A criminal is a criminal whether a police
        officer or any other profession. I will not state statistics
        because black lives matter do not care or believe proven
        statistics. I put allot of the blame for these cop murders on
        the media and the way they report police related shootings.
        There is no need to list or even state the race of a person shot
        by the police. It is more important to wait for the facts and
        report those. But and a big but that does not make money for
        these greedy media ass holes. When a black thug is killed by the
        police they are all over it as is Mr. Barack Obama. However when
        a police officer white, black or any race is murdered for doing
        his job the media is short with it’s reporting or not at all.
        When a white person is killed by a black officer you hear
        nothing. Has our so called President spoke publicly about these
        murders of police officers by blacks, HELL NO he has not. Step
        up Mr. President, or step down because we do not need you. Has
        our Attorney General spoke against these murders, no of course
        not because she was appointed by Barack Obama. Now let me say
        this, and this is not a threat but common knowledge. I have
        instructed my officers to be vigilant, if threatened take
        appropriate action. If that means shoot a thug, then do it and
        answer for it while you are still alive not dead. Law
        Enforcement is fed up with this murderous society who want to
        take out those who protect and serve. Imagine if all law
        enforcement shut down for just 1 day. There would be murders,
        rapes, robberies, you name it. America wake up, all of you
        black, white, Mexican whatever you need the police, we do not
        need you. End this Black Lives Matter bull shit and start a
        movement that all lives matter. As for the New Black Panther
        movement who wants to kill whites and cops, go for it, we are
        ready for you. You take one of us and there will be 100 who will
        step up and end you. This letter is not meant to offend anyone,
        just the feelings of a man who has spent the last 35 years of
        his life serving and protecting, for what so a thug can take it
        or to be treated as a criminal by the very people I swore to
        protect. Let’s get this around folks so maybe our President and
        the media will get a wake up call. Be safe all of my Brothers
        and Sisters in blue, not white, black, yellow or brown BLUE.

The post was later removed.

Town Mayor Zander Guy called an emergency meeting after learning of the
post, which was held Tuesday afternoon.

Shortly after the meeting, it was announced that Halstead would be
stepping down to retire after 35 years of public service. Town leaders
agreed to pay him 60 days of severance pay, WECT-TV reported.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/15/read-the-post-police-chief-penned-on-black-lives-matter-that-led-to-his-sudden-retirement-days-later/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Firewire%20Morning%20Edition%20Recurring%20v2%202015-09-16&utm_term=Firewire_Morning_Test