[Rushtalk] Possible Islamic Terror Attack in Orlando

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Mon Jun 13 10:15:37 MDT 2016

Looks like Democrat associated groups are at odds, Mohammadans vs homos.

Police say 'around 20' killed in shooting at Orlando nightclub, more
than 40 taken to local hospitals

Published June 12, 2016
FoxNews.com
Facebook1350 Twitter790 livefyre5305 Email Print

June 12, 2016: Orlando Police officers direct family members away from a
multiple shooting at a nightclub in Orlando, Fla.
June 12, 2016: Orlando Police officers direct family members away from a
multiple shooting at a nightclub in Orlando, Fla. (AP)

BREAKING NEWS –  Authorities in Florida said at a news conference Sunday
morning that “as many as 20 people died” in a shooting at an Orlando
nightclub. The gunman was killed.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said at least 42 people have been
transported to area hospitals.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said officials are
investigating the shooting as an “act of terrorism,” but it was unclear
whether it was domestic or international terrorism, or if the shooter
was a lone wolf.

Mina said officers were called to Pulse Orlando, a popular gay
nightclub, at around 2 a.m. after reports of a shooting. He said
officers were engaged in a gun battle outside the club before the
suspect went back into the building where more shots were fired. He said
the gunman then took several hostages.

About three hours later, Mina said officials made the decision to rescue
the hostages in the club. He said SWAT officers exchanged fire with the
gunman and killed him.

Mina said the suspect was found with some kind of assault rifle on the
suspect along with a handgun and some kind of device on him. Officials
stopped short of saying it was a bomb and were still investigating
whether it was something real or a hoax device.

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer credited law enforcement with saving more lives
by their heroic efforts.

“Many were saved by the heroic efforts of the Orlando Police Department
and Orange County Sheriff’s Office,” he said.

Orlando Police said a controlled explosion did take place, Mina said
they used the sound as a diversion.

Officials said the next update will take place at 9 a.m. Police said
local, state and federal agencies were investigating.

Witnesses in the club reported mass chaos after hearing several shots
ring out inside the nightclub.

Pulse Orlando posted on its own Facebook page around 2 a.m.: "Everyone
get out of pulse and keep running." Just before 6 a.m., the club posted
an update: "As soon as we have any information we will update everyone.
Please keep everyone in your prayers as we work through this tragic
event. Thank you for your thoughts and love."

Mina Justice was outside the club early Sunday trying to contact her
30-year-old son Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and
asked her to call police. He told her he ran into a bathroom with other
club patrons to hide. He then texted her: "He's coming."

"The next text said: 'He has us, and he's in here with us,'" she said.
"That was the last conversation."

Jon Alamo said he was at the back of one of the club's rooms when a man
holding a weapon came into the front of the room.

"I heard 20, 40, 50 shots," Alamo said. "The music stopped."

Club-goer Rob Rick said it happened around, 2 a.m., just before closing
time.

"Everybody was drinking their last sip," he said.

He estimated more than 100 people were still inside when he heard shots,
got on the ground and crawled toward a DJ booth. A bouncer knocked down
a partition between the club area and an area in the back where only
workers are allowed. People inside were able to then escape through the
back of the club.

Christopher Hansen said he was in the VIP lounge when he started hearing
gunshots. He continued to hear shooting even after he emerged, where
police were telling people to back away from the club. He saw injured
people being tended to across the street.

"I was thinking, are you kidding me? So I just dropped down. I just said
please, please, please, I want to make it out," he said. "And when I
did, I saw people shot. I saw blood. You hope and pray you don't get
shot."

The incident follows the fatal shooting late Friday of 22-year-old
singer Christina Grimmie, who was killed after her concert in Orlando by
a 27-year-old Florida man who later killed himself. Grimmie was a
YouTube sensation and former contestant on "The Voice."

Police said there was no more threat to the area.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.