[Rushtalk] Trump: Obama 'more angry at me' than Orlando shooter

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Fri Jun 24 09:32:06 MDT 2016

Trump: Obama 'more angry at me' than Orlando shooter

Holly Bailey,Holly Bailey 11 hours ago

      * Comments
      *

GREENSBORO, N.C. — Hours after President Obama condemned his “dangerous”
rhetoric on Muslims and immigrants, Donald Trump mocked Obama as a
“weak” president who is more upset with him than with the accused killer
behind Sunday’s deadly massacre in Orlando.

“I watched President Obama today, and he was more angry at me than he
was at the shooter,” Trump said, referring to Omar Mateen, the Florida
security guard accused of shooting 100 people, 49 of them fatally, at
the Pulse nightclub in Orlando. “The level of anger: that’s the kind of
anger he should have for the shooter and these killers who shouldn’t be
here.”

Speaking to a crowd of a few thousand people at his first public rally
since the shootings, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee
said the United States was being led by “weak, ineffective people” and
warned that attacks like the one in Orlando would happen again if the
country does not take steps to close the borders to what he described as
potential terrorists.

“We don’t know who they are, where they are coming from,” Trump said.
“What a mess we have.”

Echoing the remarks he delivered on national security on Monday, Trump
warned of potential “repercussions” if the United States didn’t begin to
crack down on “radical Islam.” And he again accused Hillary Clinton, his
likely Democratic opponent, of hypocrisy, for being friendly to
countries with Islamic regimes that crack down on women and the LGBT
community.

Offering no specifics, the New York real estate mogul told supporters in
Greensboro that Clinton had taken more than $25 million “from certain
countries… that treat women horrendously, that kill gays.” “Let’s call
for Hillary and Bill Clinton to give back the $25-plus million to the
countries we are talking about,” Trump declared, as the crowd cheered.

President Obama calls the term "radical Islam" a talking point

On Tuesday, June 14, President Obama spoke on the Orlando shooting at
the Treasury Department. During his speech, he addressed his critics who
think he should use the term "radical Islam."

It was an unusual perspective for Trump, as he took on Clinton and cast
himself as a champion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender voters.
North Carolina has come under fire for a controversial law that bars
transgender people from using public restrooms that don’t match the
gender on their birth certificates. Trump did not mention the law, which
he has publicly criticized.

Invoking Mateen’s status as the child of Afghan immigrants, Trump called
for more controls to protect the country from immigrants with radical
views. “We want to live in a country where gay and lesbian Americans and
all Americans are safe from radical Islam,” he said.

Although he called out Obama and Clinton specifically, Trump has faced
condemnation from across the political spectrum for his proposal to ban
Muslims from entering the country and for other inflammatory language he
has used about immigrants. Republican leaders have publicly urged him to
temper his public posture on the subject, but Trump signaled yet again
that he would not bow to his critics, warning that the attack in Orlando
proved that “political correctness is deadly.”

Donald Trump speaks during a campaign rally at the Greensboro Coliseum
in Greensboro, N.C., Tuesday, June 14, 2016. (Photo: Chuck Burton/AP)

He slammed the current immigration system, suggesting that immigrants
are “poorly vetted” and that the country is letting in too many
immigrants who are “hostile” to Americans of different faiths, gender
and sexual orientation. “If you are not with them, it’s like: Forget
it,” Trump said. “How does this kind of immigration make our life better
in this country?”

The GOP candidate warned that things will get worse before they get
better. “Just watch,” he said, and declared that the country is “going
to hell.” He cast himself as the only candidate who can turn things
around for “everyone.”

“If Hillary Clinton becomes president, I don’t know that our country
will ever ever come back,” Trump said. “I mean it.”