[Rushtalk] Terror Watch List and RKBA

Tom Matiska tom.matiska at att.net
Tue Jun 28 11:39:33 MDT 2016

Best weapon against the control freaks is their own logic.

The link between the do not fly list and NICS check should work both ways.  If we can't trust people with a gun why trust them to board an airplane at all?  The underwear and shoe bombers didn't use guns.
Or why not a no drive list? The first Trade Center and OKC attacks were done with rental vans.

How about a do not teach list that bans those on the lists from school district employment?  If this is about keeping our children safe why allow monsters on these lists anywhere near our schools?

We should offer the list freaks everything they want and more, until even they don't want it.
Tom

    On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 11:58 AM, John <blueoval57 at verizon.net> wrote:

 On Tue Jun 28 07:59:02 CDT 2016, Dennis Putnam wrote:

> In case you haven't been paying attention there is a strong movement, based on emotion after the Orlando attack, to add those on the terror watch list (aka no-fly list) to the National Instant Check Systems (NICS) database. This is the background check system that prevents prohibited persons from purchasing firearms. Unfortunately there is a lot of ignorance surrounding this issue due to misinformation and lies of omission.

You can bet the rent that these omissions are purposeful!

>While it sounds like a good idea there is a serious problem with the terror watch list itself. That is anyone can be placed on the list, intentionally or inadvertently, for any reason by a bureaucrat. In addition, this is a secret list so there is no way to know who is on it or why. The final insult is that once someone discovers they are on the list (like when they are prevented from buying a firearm), there is no due process provision to get off it.

How in the world does this pass constitutional muster?

> As you may or may not know, there have even been members of congress put on this list and with all their power it still took many months to be removed.

Yet, noone has come forth to change any of this, have they?

> This is an extremely dangerous precedent and will provide a means for any administration to effectively destroy the 2nd amendment. Its not bad enough that we have to worry about Hillery appointing anti-rights justices if elected but this would be even more onerous.

> As you know the NRA is the most effective organization for protecting the 2nd amendment and the NRA-ILA is mounting a campaign to prevent this effort by anti-rights organizations and that takes money. I don't like soliciting on this forum this but this issue is of critical importance so I am asking anyone that cares and has the means, even if you are not an NRA member, to contribute to this cause.

I'm a lifer.............
>> https://www.nrailadonate.org/forms/default.asp?campaignid=fightback>> P.S. Am I the only one that sees the irony of Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) recent "sit-in" in the house last week? Lewis staged sit-ins in the 60's to expand civil rights and last week staged a sit-in to strip civil rights.

Lewis was one of 24 sitters-in who also carry firearms. Oh, the hypocrisy!  -  jaq