[Rushtalk] Clinton Doesn’t List Self-Defense as Valid Reason to Own a Gun

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Wed Mar 16 08:57:45 MDT 2016

www.google.com

Clinton Doesn’t List Self-Defense as Valid Reason to Own a Gun

BY: Alyssa Canobbio Follow @AlyssaEinDC
January 25, 2016 7:29 pm

Hillary Clinton did not list self-defense as a reason to have a gun
Monday during a campaign event in Oskaloosa, Iowa, instead listing
“collecting,” “shooting practice” and “hunting” as valid reasons for
owning a gun.

An attendee at Clinton’s town hall meeting asked the Democratic
presidential candidate what her thoughts on guns were, and he started
his question by telling Clinton that people in Iowa love their guns.

Clinton replied that gun ownership was his right and “opportunity“
because of the Second Amendment.

“But here’s what I want you as a gun owner to understand,” Clinton said.
“We’ve got to keep guns out of the hands of people who don’t use them
for hunting or shooting practice or collecting.”

In Clinton’s gun control platform, she has called for increased
background checks, which she claims would reduce the lethality of
domestic violence, reduce unlawful gun transfers to dangerous
individuals, and reduce gun trafficking. She has continually supported
the Brady Bill.

Towards the end of Clinton’s answer, she blamed gun owners for not being
responsible with loaded firearms.

“A lot of gun owners are getting lax,” she said. “They’re leaving loaded
guns around. We have toddlers picking up guns. We have eight- and
nine-year-olds picking up guns. We’re not having the responsible gun
owners stand up and say, ‘Hey, we can separate our rights from what we
need to do to protect people from those who shouldn’t have guns in the
first place.’ That’s where I stand and that’s what I’d like to see us
do.”

This entry was posted in Politics and tagged 2016 Election, Democratic
Party, Gun Control, Guns, Hillary Clinton, Iowa. Bookmark the permalink.