[Rushtalk] An interesting take on Donald Trump

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Sat May 28 20:59:16 MDT 2016

At 09:51 AM 5/28/2016, Stephen Frye wrote:

>boundary="_000_CY1PR14MB06786BEC867C41403B2930CE8B430CY1PR14MB0678namp_"
>
>I know that there are many – hundreds, thousands
> “ of worthwhile articles (and an order of
>magnitude more lousy ones).  But here I get the
>most enjoyment (and frustration J ) from reading
>the thoughts of our posters.  A couple of years
>ago, four out of five postings were articles from somewhere else.
>
>AS an aside, I recently read an article about
>the Olympics on Fox.  It was riddled with
>grammatical misusages and abominable
>punctuation.  But it would all have passed spell
>check.  I don’t know which is sadder:  that
>the author doesn’t know any better, or that his editor didn’t either.
>
>In high school, I would have received an “F” for a paper like that.
>
>Oh well.  Time to get off my soap
>box.  Rejoice.  In four weeks I'll be in Alaska,
>and in six months we'll be visiting Iceland!

         I hope you like cold weather, Stephen.
Personally, I wait all year for hot weather and
even though I sweat my brains out umpiring when
it's above 80 (like today it was 88 in the
Pittsburgh-area and I was doing the plate), I
still would rather be warm than cold. I'm
creeping up on 60 and arthritis is kicking my backside (and HARD!). -   jaq