[Rushtalk] Get our groove back

John Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 7 19:40:37 MST 2016

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/2/america-must-get-her-groove-back/

  America: It’s our moment to get our groove back

    ‘We have it in our power to begin the world over again’

By Monica Crowley </staff/monica-crowley/>

*ANALYSIS/OPINION:*

After an excruciatingly long, exhausting and often painful campaign,
here we are. Days away from Election Day. D-Day for freedom.

The choice we make next week will be perhaps the most profound public
choice of our lifetimes. It will demonstrate what kind of country we are
— and what kind of country we will be. There is nothing more sacred in
this American life than your vote. Will we choose to continue down the
path of a grotesquely destructive leftism led by a professional grifter
under investigation by the FBI? Or will we choose a rebirth, led by an
imperfect but courageous leader of forces much bigger and stronger than he?

As Gen. George Washington’s men were freezing in the snow at Valley
Forge, Thomas Paine told his fellow Americans: “We have it in our power
to begin the world over again.”

And so it is with us today.

The Founding Fathers anticipated a time when our governing institutions
might be corrupted by dark and malign forces. Knowing human nature, evil
ideologies and how they can destroy even the most well-designed systems
of government, they gave us an insurance policy.

The conventional wisdom is that the Founders gave us three branches of
government. That is technically true. But they actually gave us four:
the executive, legislative, judicial and a stealth fourth branch: the
American people.

They vested the ultimate power with us, because they hoped that when
America teetered on the brink, we — American patriots generations down
the road — would ride to the rescue. They hoped that we would fight for
the Constitution, to break free from the bondage of statism, for
American exceptionalism, for this great and grand experiment in human
liberty.

As Thomas Jefferson once said, “Should things go wrong at any time, the
people will set them to rights by the peaceable exercise of their
elective rights.”

The Founders vested the people with the power to change our government
and the direction of the nation because they feared that one day, the
system would be corrupted.

That day has arrived: The presidency is held by a radical
redistributionist and is sought by another statist even more crooked, an
independent, impartial and fair Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of
Investigation and press no longer exist, Congress cannot stop itself
from spending us into oblivion, and the courts are legislating when they
are prohibited from doing so.

All of the fundamental institutions of our system have been warped
beyond all recognition. And all are engaged in social engineering in
every part of American life, in violation of the essential freedoms the
Founders risked everything to give to us.

It is now up to the Founders’ quiet fourth branch to stop it.

The American people know it, too. This is why this is a change election.
Polls continually show that 70 percent of the American people believe
the country is on the wrong track. That deep and widespread sentiment
advantages the change candidate, Donald Trump. Hillary Clinton is
running as a status quo elite globalist (perhaps the only thing
authentic about her candidacy) — at a time when those things are being
roundly rejected by voters across the Western world. She is also a
walking example of the kind of elemental corruption the Founders hoped
we would purge from government.

Mr. Trump has something else going for him, an intangible but incredibly
powerful weapon: his supporters have an abiding emotional investment in
him. The tough guy is also understood to be something of a political
Bambi. This has inspired his supporters to form a sort of protective
shield to defend their fearless underdog from countless incoming attacks.

Through his “Make America great again” and “America first” messages,
blue-collar sensibility, raw authenticity and ceaseless willingness to
counterattack and tell the truth about his opponents, he has not only
pulled on the minds of voters but on their hearts as well.

They believe him, and they believe in him.

That’s something that money cannot buy. Just ask Mrs. Clinton.

Will it be enough?

In 1780, Samuel Adams spoke directly to us when he said:

*“If ever the Time should come, when vain and aspiring*

*Men shall possess the highest Seats in Government,*

*our Country will stand in Need of its experienced*

*Patriots to prevent its Ruin.”*

That time is now.

We are the “experienced Patriots.”

And next week, we must take the first step toward preventing America’s
ruin and restoring her intrinsic exceptionalism which has been
squandering by leftist pathologies, leadership failures and systemic
corruption.

It’s time to spit-shine America.

We are the cavalry.

Let’s roll.

• /Monica Crowley is editor of online opinion at The Washington Times./

Copyright © 2016 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint
permission
<http://license.icopyright.net/3.7280?icx_id=/news/2016/nov/2/america-must-get-her-groove-back/>.