[Rushtalk] The Tolerant, Caring Left.................

Stephen Frye stephen.frye at outlook.com
Fri Nov 11 10:27:10 MST 2016

No.  And there wouldn't be.  I am not sure how all of this happened.  We have hit a low, where disagreement is seen as hatred.  Or at least that's the word that is used.  But think about it.  It's an incredible strategy.  It began as a tactic and ends as a strategy.  If you disagree with me on ANYTHING, I have a horrible label to assign to YOU, and it puts you immediately on the defensive.  It deflects any and all attention from the issue, and we are stuck in the "yes you are" - "no I am not" infinite loop.  And it worked - for a while.

I think that Barrack Obama is/was the most divisive president in modern history.  But that's because I'm a racist.  Right?  And I can never get past that label, and so there can never be any real discussion.

I object to the Universities where they are establishing "color free zones".  I see that as endorsing segregation.  But see, that makes me a racist.  (I am SO confused on that one.)

And it goes on and on.

I really doubt that our country can be healed.  The heart and soul of this country was in this election.  Not Hillary vs. Donald, but Washington D.C. establishment vs. anti-Washington D.C. establishment.  I don't think it wants to be healed. Few, if any, are open to any rational discussion.  We watched eight years of "my way or the highway".  "Get in the back seat".  Etc.  And that was nothing compared to what we are going to see going forward.