[Rushtalk] ACA and Single Payer Healthcare

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at juno.com
Sun Nov 27 18:49:58 MST 2016

From: Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang at sweet-haven.com>

Hi Folks,

Health insurance open season is upon us (in the US) and I now
know that our premium is going up 9.9% over last year.  I checked
the records and my 2017 premium is 245% more than 2009.  That's
a bit more than the inflation rate...

What has gone horribly wrong?  The Affordable Care Act was
presented as being "affordable", wasn't it?  Now we read that
premiums will go up 116% in Arizona for a typical customer
in 2017.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/10/25/arizona-obamacare-premiums/

Amazing, but predicted.  This whole mess comes as no surprise
to people studying ACA with a critical mind.   Even Bill Clinton
was quoted as saying.  ACA is "the craziest thing in the world!"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/04/politics/bill-clinton-obamacare-craziest-thing/

"So you've got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people
have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes
60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut
in half. It's the craziest thing in the world," Clinton said."  Bill Clinton

This doesn't even mention the co-pays and out-of-pocket costs going up under
ADA to confiscatory levels.

ACA was predicted to fail when it was crammed down the nation's throat, a
prediction that is now finally coming to fruition.   Indeed, it was designed
to fail.  But why?  Because the blame can be shifted to the insurance
companies and people will clamor for complete government intervention
to implement a single-payer national healthcare system.  This was, after
all, obama's original self-proclaimed goal.

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2008/june/barack_obama_on_sing.php

Now that it's established that the goal has always been single-payer and
that the well-being of the citizenry was used as a stepping stone to achieve it,
maybe we can discuss single-payer?

What would single-payer healthcare look like?  Would it be panacea or
pain in the ass?

Regards,
Lew

--
----CWSIV----

     \_/

The Best Lash Product You've Never Heard Of
Beauty Leaked
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/583b8ccd7d7adcc90bc8st02duc