[Rushtalk] Guess How Much Taxpayers Shelled Out For THIS Dem's Sexual Harassment Case

C JUNO cwsiv at juno.com
Thu Dec 28 11:47:46 MST 2017

Guess How Much Taxpayers Shelled Out For THIS Dem's Sexual Harassment
Case
      * 12/08/2017
      * Source: Roll Call
      * by: Stephanie Akin

Guess How Much Taxpayers Shelled Out For THIS Dem's Sexual Harassment
Case
By US House of Representatives ([1]) [Public domain], via Wikimedia
Commons

The Treasury Department paid $220,000 in a previously undisclosed
agreement to settle a lawsuit alleging sexual harassment that involved
Florida Democrat Alcee L. Hastings, according to documents obtained by
Roll Call.

Winsome Packer, a former staff member of a congressional commission that
promotes international human rights, said in documents that the
congressman touched her, made unwanted sexual advances, and threatened
her job. At the time, Hastings was the chairman of the Commission on
Security and Cooperation in Europe, where Packer worked.

Hastings has called Packer’s charges “ludicrous” and in documents said
he never sexually harassed her.

“Until this evening, I had not seen the settlement agreement between the
Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (CSCE) and Ms.
Packer,” the congressman said in a statement Friday night. “This matter
was handled solely by the Senate Chief Counsel for Employment. At no
time was I consulted, nor did I know until after the fact that such a
settlement was made.”

Get Newsletter
Article Index

http://americanactionnews.com/articles/guess-how-much-taxpayers-shelled-out-for-this-dem-s-sexual-harassment-case#1P2XfJpKO2Jwu6iQ.99

1 Simple Trick Removes Eye Bags & Lip Lines in Seconds
Fit Mom Daily
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5a453c6dd7b9b3c6d2685st01vuc