[Rushtalk] Attacks on Christ and Christianity by the left may have helped Trump

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at juno.com
Wed Jan 4 18:15:55 MST 2017

Evangelical Panic Over Death of Christianity Helped Fuel Trump Win

By Bill Hoffmann   |    Friday, 11 Nov 2016 05:10 PM

Sweeping support of evangelicals gave Donald Trump on Election Day was
stoked by their fear that Christianity is being killed off, Johnnie
Moore, a spokesman for My Faith Votes, which focuses on getting
Christian Americans to the polls, tells Newsmax TV.
"America has become an increasingly intolerant place for Christians....
The religious right is dying, Christianity is dying," Moore said Friday
to J.D. Hayworth on "America Talks Live."

"What we've learned is America isn't Los Angeles or New York. America is
the center of the country and the majority of the people in this country
want religious freedom, they stand up for Christian values and are
unashamed of our Judeo-Christian effort.

"It's what's happened in America: Threats to religious liberty and all
these other things. But I've got to tell you, Donald Trump deserves all
the credit in the world."

Moore, whose nonpartisan group motivates and mobilizes the Christian
vote, said he has never seen anybody "with so much power and so much
influence go to the effort he went to build individual relationships
with not dozens of significant Christian leaders, but thousands of
them."

He noted that some pastors have the billionaire real-estate tycoon and
president-elect's cell phone number.

"[Trump] invited criticism, he created an evangelical advisory board, he
didn't even require everyone to endorse him to be on the board because
he legitimately wanted their advice and they had an open conversation
with him. And it worked in an astonishing, astonishing way," Moore said.

"And this is as American as anything. I mean we are a country with a
Judeo-Christian foundation. We have a congressionally-mandated National
Day of Prayer. This is something we do.

"I started getting emails and text messages and phone calls from every
direction on Election Day [saying] ‘we're praying for America, we're
praying for Mr. Trump, we're praying for religious freedom, we're
praying for all these things. And it happened. Not only that, the
turnout effort was unbelievable."

Moore said in the previous two elections, 25 million evangelicals "just
sat at home."
"That wasn't the case this time. They, in fact, turned out in record,
record numbers. But it wasn't for lack of effort. I mean My Faith Votes
alone had [public service announcements] in 110 million households … six
daily on over 1,000 Christian radio stations all across the country," he
said.

Moore said a repeal of the so-called 1954 "Johnson Amendment" — which
prohibits some tax-exempt organizations from endorsing and opposing
political candidates — is a big issue for Christians that Trump is going
to tackle.

"This amendment was passed in order to keep the pastors in this country
— to keep their mouths shuts. They can't speak about politics, they
could be penalized by the IRS and that's an anti-American as anything,"
Moore said.

"And you know Donald Trump is the first Republican candidate … in the
history of the Republican Party, to put the repeal of the Johnson
Amendment as part of their platform.

--
----CWSIV----

     \_/

Do This Before Bed Tonight to Burn Belly Flab All Night Long
Flat Belly Overnight
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/586dad31a2e6e2d2a2ecdst04vuc