[Rushtalk] Somebody Is Worried About His Irrelevancy.............

John Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 19 17:41:50 MST 2017

  Obama Issues Major Threat to Trump Before Leaving Office

Share on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http://conservativetribune.com/obama-shocking-threat-trump/?utm_source%3DFacebook%26utm_medium%3DPostTopSharingButtons%26utm_content%3D2017-01-19%26utm_campaign%3Dwebsitesharingbuttons&display=popup&ref=plugin&src=share_button>Tweet
<https://twitter.com/share?url=http://conservativetribune.com/obama-shocking-threat-trump/?utm_source%3DTwitter%26utm_medium%3DPostTopSharingButtons%26utm_content%3D2017-01-19%26utm_campaign%3Dwebsitesharingbuttons&utm_medium%3DCTWebsite%26utm_source%3DTwitter%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial&text=Obama+Issues+Major+Threat+to+Trump+Before+Leaving+Office>Email
<http://conservativetribune.com/obama-shocking-threat-trump/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_campaign=CTDailyEmail&utm_content=2017-01-19#>Print
<javascript:window.print()>

Barack Obama has broken plenty of traditions during his time in office,
and the outgoing president is yet again breaking another one, this time
regarding former presidents jumping into the political fray after
their term is up.

The New York Times
<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/us/politics/obama-last-news-conference-as-president.html>
reported that during his final news conference in office, Obama included
a number of conditions that would cause him to get back into politics
and openly oppose incoming President Donald Trump. Surprise, surprise,
one of them involved rolling back his most controversial executive order
<http://conservativetribune.com/liberals-demand-trump-sent/>.

“There’s a difference between that normal functioning of politics and
certain issues or certain moments where I think our core values may be
at stake,” Obama said.

        Related Stories

  * Moroccan Immigrant Hurls Women in Front of Train
    <http://conservativetribune.com/woman-falling-moroccan-refugee/>
  * GOOD: Trump Can Immediately Crack Down on Sanctuary Cities
    <http://conservativetribune.com/sanctuary-cities-major-bad-news/>
  * USCIS Worker Caught On Camera Telling Syrians To Use Forged
    Passports
    <http://conservativetribune.com/immigration-sick-advice-syrians/>

And what a shocker: those “core values” all had to do with things Trump
was elected to change.

“I put in that category, if I saw systematic discrimination being
ratified in some fashion. I put in that category explicit or functional
obstacles to people being able to vote, to exercise their franchise,”
Obama said. “I’d put in that category institutional efforts to silence
dissent or the press. And for me at least, I would put in that category
efforts to round up kids who have grown up here and for all practical
purposes are American kids, and send them someplace else, when they love
this country.”

That all sounds great until you break it down. When he talks about
“systematic discrimination being ratified in some fashion” and “explicit
or functional obstacles to people being able to vote,” what he really
means is enacting voter ID legislation
<http://conservativetribune.com/percentage-minorities-voter-id/>.
“(I)nstitutional efforts to silence dissent or the press” sounds a lot
like not acquiescing to every demand of the liberal media.

Paid Content:

And then,of course, there’s the last part — basically, the president is
saying that he’ll return to the public forum if Trump abrogates Obama’s
monumentally unconstitutional executive actions on illegal immigration.
Apparently, in Obama’s febrile mind, enforcing immigration laws
<http://conservativetribune.com/major-immigration-bill-introduced/> is
something akin to pogroms.

This isn’t the first time the current president has intimated that he
would break the tradition of allowing the new administration to govern
without the interference of its predecessor. In November, The New York
Times
<https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/us/politics/obama-may-jump-into-fray-as-democrats-counter-trump.html>
reported, Obama told a conference call of supporters that, “You’re going
to see me early next year, and we’re going to be in a position where we
can start cooking up all kinds of great stuff to do.”

And yet, this was why Trump was elected. America was sick of Obama’s
policies and wanted someone to change them. Maybe having Obama around
won’t be such a bad thing, after all — just to remind us why we voted
Republican in the first place.

H/T WND <http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/obama-threatens-to-pounce-on-trump/>