[Rushtalk] Seven ways the 'logic' of progressives is destroying society

John Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 2 22:53:59 MDT 2017

*E-NEWS from Endeavour Forum Inc.***
**

*http://www.endeavourforum.org.au/*

**

*A free email news service distributing authentic information from a
variety of reliable sources*.

*Liberals are destroying society… and anyone that disagrees with them

***

*Jonathon Van Maren LifeSiteNews

*

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/seven-ways-the-logic-of-progressives-is-destroying-society

June 29, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) <https://www.lifesitenews.com/> — I was
asked recently why, in spite of the fact that I’m more of a
traditionalist than a conservative, I spend so much time detailing the
dangers of progressivism in my writing. As I considered the answer to
that question, I realized that I’d have to write a book to give an even
remotely adequate response. In lieu of a project of that size (at least
for now), I’d like to offer seven reasons that I believe progressivism
is well on its way to destroying Western Civilization — if it has not
already.

*They don’t believe in freedom of speech.*

This should be obvious to anyone who reads the news. When progressives
are faced with speech they don’t like, they utilize every tool at their
disposal to shut it down, up to and including violence — and usually
while simultaneously playing the victim card
<https://thebridgehead.ca/2015/11/11/the-free-speech-apocalyspe/>.
Conservative speakers on campus generally need a cadre of bodyguards for
protection. Pro-life displays are frequently attacked and torn down
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylusss1h03s>. Some controversial
speakers actually face riots, vandalism, and violence prior
<http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/indexhtml>
to having arrived and prior to having actually said anything—and even
feminist icons like Germaine Greer are having their speaking engagements
targeted for refusing to embrace the current transgender craze. One Pew
Research Poll in 2015 even reported that 40 percent of millennials
supported limited speech that offended minorities — and the categories
of those who qualify as “minorities,” of course, are growing by the week.

*They don’t believe in freedom of religion.*

For years, gay rights activists insisted that they had no intention of
forcing their views on anyone, and claimed that those Christians warning
that the LGBT movement intended to attack religious freedom after the
legalization of gay marriage were lying. As it turns out, the gay
activists were lying brazenly — in one pro-gay documentary prior to
Obergefell, 8: The Mormon Proposition, a number of LGBT campaigners
bristled in righteous indignation, accusing their critics of deceitful
fearmongering. A few years on, every single warning delivered by
Christian activists interviewed for the documentary had already come to
pass. With a few notable exceptions such as Andrew Sullivan
<http://www.christianpost.com/news/obama-supporter-andrew-sullivan-flays-liberal-left-for-dismissing-religious-liberty-concerns-115049/>
and Jonathan Rauch, most gay activists and their progressive
counterparts reject the idea of religious liberty entirely. President
Obama and his liberal comrades took to using the phrase “freedom of
worship” instead—“worship,” of course, being an activity that can be
kept safely within the walls of a church and out of the public square.

*They are willing to coerce you into saying words you do not want to say
in order to enforce their ideological agenda.*

>From cosmopolitan centres like New York City to nations like Canada,
trans activists are attempting to pass legislation that redefines human
rights, freedom of speech
<http://nationalpost.com/g00/opinion/bruce-pardy-meet-the-new-human-rights-where-you-are-forced-by-law-to-use-reasonable-pronouns-like-ze-and-zer/wcm/e62fa6c4-4773-48a6-b5eb-65c1bf95bba8?i10c.referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2F>,
and the very definition of violence. Recent legislation in Canada, for
example, can be used to prosecute people for refusing to refer to trans
people by their “preferred pronouns,” an ever-expanding category that
includes nonsensical words like “ze” and “zir.” This is no longer even
restricting what people can and cannot say — no, trans activists want to
take a totalitarian step forward and dictate what people must say. Their
right to be called whatever they want — and they continue to make things
up as we speak — is now, progressives insist, a “human right.” Not
referring to a person by the specific pronoun of their choice, on the
other hand, can actually be classified as “violence,” a word that will,
in the hands of progressive activists, soon be rendered as meaningless
as the world “justice.”

*They are willing to take your children away — and certainly willing to
threaten this.*

Progressives believe it is a fun family day out to take your children to
the Pride Parade
<https://thebridgehead.ca/2017/06/26/the-cbc-says-children-seeing-nude-men-at-pride-is-a-good-discussion-opportunity/>,
where they will be exposed to the genitalia of adults, half-naked drag
queens, and simulated sex acts, but they also believe that they would be
far better at raising your children than you are, because they are far
more open-minded. Thus, legislation recently passed in Ontario
<https://www.convivium.ca/articles/ontario-botches-child-protection>
indicates that if parents appeared insufficiently enthusiastic about the
potential desire of their children to obtain a sex change courtesy of
the trendy transgender delusion, those children could be removed from
your care and placed in a haven run by adults who are more than willing
to allow children not yet old enough to buy alcohol undergo genital
surgery that will irreversibly alter their bodies. Progressives are not
bluffing in their rhetoric — they’re all in, and your children just
might end up being the stakes
<http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-mother-s-lawsuit-against-child-s-gender-transition-is-dismissed/423901963/>.

*They only use science when it is convenient for them.*

As I’ve written before
<https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/why-liberals-care-about-climate-change-but-not-abortion>,
progressives claim to be obsessed with scientific data, but promptly
abandon it when it no longer suits their agenda. Academics who point out
that there is no scientific basis for the current transgender craze are
thus shunned as hateful transphobes. Climate change models are thus
impeccable evidence that we must restructure the global economy, but the
ironclad scientific consensus indicating when life begins in the womb
must be ignored. Even ultrasounds, embryoscopy footage, and medical
textbooks are not enough to make progressives consider the ethics of
abortion — although ironically, any effective abortionist could tell you
all about the pre-born child in the womb. After all, he’s the one that
has to crush the head and twist off the little arms and legs with forceps.

*They see Christianity as more of a threat than Islam.*

Ever wonder why progressives won’t refer to “Islamic terror”? Easy. They
see the world in Marxist terms, and in their world, Western Civilization
as founded by white Christians is always the oppressor and those with a
bone to pick with the West are always the oppressed, responding to some
injustice. That is why you will see more rage from California officials
about states protecting the religious freedom of Christian bakers than
you will in response to a mass shooting committed by a Muslim. That’s
why the progressive response to another round of ISIS butchery somewhere
in Europe is always “live like this never happened (unless you’re one of
the dead ones, of course) because that’s how we win!” On the other hand,
someone who expresses suspicion over the veracity of the claims made by
transgender activists will immediately become the target of a left-wing
holy war
<https://thebridgehead.ca/2017/05/25/why-does-transphobia-make-the-progressive-left-angrier-than-islamic-terrorism-does/>.
Progressives have no time to get angry at Islamic terrorists who toss
gay people off buildings. They’re far too busy being furious at a pizza
parlor that declined to serve a gay wedding.

*They are completely willing to destroy your life if you disagree with
them.*

Perhaps one of the key differences between progressivism and
Christianity is that Christians believe in forgiveness, while
progressives will happily destroy your entire life for the slightest of
secular heresies. Anyone who says something that is now considered
homophobic will have to either deliver maudlin apologies on the
confessional talk show circuit or be shunned. Academics who cannot keep
track of this week’s white privilege cisgender trans activist purity
code and bump into the tolerance buzz saw are likely to be gutted like a
fish — student mobs now enjoy using their reputation for physical
violence to demand that professors they dislike be fired, immediately.
Christian businesspeople who have struggled most of their adult lives to
create a little bakery or other establishment can be a victim of the
rainbow blitzkrieg in the blink of an eye. Real people are being
destroyed by the #lovewins crowd, and they don’t care.

Progressivism is poisonous. They want the State to co-parent your
children, and believe they know better than you do. They use science as
a cudgel to further their ideology, and abandon it when it is no longer
useful. They believe in the violent destruction of little human beings
in the womb, but claim that not using made-up words like “ze” or “zir”
is “violence.” In short: If you’re a Christian who still clings
stubbornly to the orthodoxies that have defined Christianity for 2,000
years, they hate you — and they don’t have any problem saying that.
*There are many other reasons progressivism is dangerous, of course. But
those few, I think, highlight why we must fight them tooth and nail for
what remains of our countries and our cultures.*

*Endeavour Forum Inc. does not send unsolicited emails. If you wish to
be removed from the email list, please reply with UNSUBSCRIBE in the
subject line. If you find it difficult to cope with daily email and
would like to join the Weekly List, please reply with WEEKLY LIST in the
subject line. *

*You are encouraged to forward these emails to your own contact lists.
Please use the BCC field to hide personal email addresses, and delete
any personal address that may appear in an email.*

*If you change your email address, please let us know.*

* If you would like to receive by mail the quarterly issue of the
Endeavour Forum Inc. Newsletter, please email
**babette at endeavourforum.org.au* <mailto:babette at endeavourforum.org.au>

*Those who would like to donate to Endeavour Forum Inc. can do so
directly to our bank account:**Commonwealth Bank BSB 063 144 Account No.
1012 1106.*