[Rushtalk] Bernie Sanders Attack's Trump Nominee for Being a Christian

John Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 11 09:02:54 MDT 2017

*E-NEWS from Endeavour Forum Inc**.**
**http://www.endeavourforum.org.au/*

**

*A free email news service distributing authentic information from a
variety of reliable sources*.

**

*Bernie Sanders Attack’s Trump Nominee for Being a Christian*

**

*Christian Patriot Daily*

http://christianpatriotdaily.com/articles/bernie-sanders-attacks-trump-nominee-for-being-a-christian/

Today, we’re going to tackle the war on Christianity. It has peaked its
head in Congress, and it was public and deliberate enough that the left
can no longer deny it without telling very large lies.

*The Events*

Everything came to a head during a confirmation hearing for Russell
Vought. During the hearing, Senator Bernie Sanders fired a slew of
questions at Vought. These questions were centered around a paper Vought
wrote for Wheaton College over a year ago. In the paper, Vought defended
the college and countered points made by Larycia Hawkins. Vought argued
that Islam itself is a “deficient” faith because it is not centered on
belief in the divinity of Jesus.

As Sanders continued his line of questioning, he became increasingly
heated until he directly asked Vought his views on the afterlife.
Because Vought views his faith as the only way into heaven (as do all
religions), Sanders condemned Vought as Islamophobic and voted against him.

Sanders’ opinion is that Vought’s religious beliefs make him unfit for
office. In Sanders’ own words, someone “who has expressed such strong
Islamophobic language is simply unacceptable.” In short, Sanders views
any dissent with Islamic doctrine as unacceptable and making one unfit
for public office.

*The Legal Issue*

There are many problems with what Sanders did and said, but we’ll start
with the obvious legal boundaries. Article VI of the Constitution is
direct and clear on the matter, “no religious test shall ever be
required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the
United States.”

Sanders’ questioning could have been in the gray area at first, but he
when he unequivocally asked Vought his belief on the afterlife, he
unmistakably crossed the line. Moreover, it is specifically Vought’s
belief in life after death that Sanders has condemned. There is no
mistaking that this was a test of religion, and in Sanders’ eyes, Vought
has failed the test. In his efforts to attack every decision Trump
makes, Sanders has made himself unfit for office, and rather than a
religious condemnation, the Constitution itself is the accuser.

*The Hypocrisy*

Even if the Constitution weren’t completely cut and dried on the issue,
this is still extreme hypocrisy. Vought’s belief is completely
commonplace. One of the core tenets of Christianity is that faith in
Christ is the only way to heaven. This exclusivity is not unique to
Christianity. All major religions claim to be the only way to paradise
in the afterlife, and well over half of the world’s population
subscribes to such beliefs in one form or another. One of the key
differences is that Vought views that conflicting doctrines only bring
condemnation in the afterlife. Compared to Islam, this is tame.

While it is a religion that also portrays judgment after death, Islam is
the largest religion that directly promotes violence against dissenters.
According to the Quran, most people have to wait until the end of days
to be judged, but any soldier who dies killing infidels is guaranteed
immediate access into heaven. This is the religious motivation spurning
several million terrorists across the globe. And yet, according to
Sanders any condemnation of this belief structure is “Islamophobic” and
unacceptable.

*More Propaganda*

This is really just the next step in the left’s push to destroy
Christianity. For years they have conflated common religious beliefs
with racism and bigotry. Now, they have finally made a public
declaration that any belief in God is immoral and unacceptable. Even
while condemning they contradict themselves and fanatically support the
most violent religion on Earth. This, of course, all boils down to
votes. The Democrats have distanced themselves so far from a reasonable
moral base that they have effectively alienated Christian voters. In
order to sustain those losses, they need to radically pursue minority
religions, and they are happy to live in the contradictory practice of
condemning Christianity while upholding all other faiths.

    Sanders's Slanders Don't Impact Vought Vote

*June 22, 2017 Tony Perkins Washington Update***

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=WA17F49&f=WU17F16

No thanks to Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), President Trump's pick for
the Office of Management and Budget is one step closer to his new job.
After a faith-based grilling that left Sanders red-faced and Americans
in shock, Russell Vought's nomination squeaked out of the Senate's
Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee by the narrowest of
margins, 8-7. The hearings caught the country's attention when Sanders
made the case that Christians like Vought are unfit for public office --
even in jobs that have nothing to do with faith!

While Sanders fired shot after shot at OMB's soon-to-be
second-in-command, Vought was the picture of poise, explaining that he
thinks everyone has inherent dignity, even if they don't agree with him
that Jesus is the only way to salvation. It was a surreal scene for
anyone watching, especially since Vought's convictions -- not his
qualifications -- were Sanders' main concerns.

Like many in the media who were taken aback, National Review's Ian
Tuttle
<http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448767/bernie-sanders-russell-vought-tim-farron-religious-views>
explains how the Left's religion of non-religion is unfairly influencing
politics. "There is a long and stupid tradition of believing that the
American Right threatens to impose an Evangelical Christian theocracy on
the United States -- that every Republican lawmaker is looking to erect
an official church and make women cover their ankles. In reality, it is
the proudly irreligious Left that has smuggled religious debates back
into our politics. It is the unabashedly secular Left that has knocked
down the 'wall of separation' and made the afterlife an imminent
political issue."

Fortunately, plenty of others piled on, including the Conservative
Action Project (which released this letter
<http://conservativeactionproject.com/stop-religious-intolerance/>
demanding that liberals stop their religious intolerance) and Senator
James Lankford (R-Okla.). Yesterday, the Oklahoma leader fired back at
Sanders's religious test.

"There was some dispute in a different hearing about Russell Vought and
his faith and this came up in a budget meeting about is he too much of a
Christian to be able to serve. I just want to make a public statement
that that's appalling to me that that became part of the debate at the
dais that someone made a statement that because he was strong in his
Christian faith he was not qualified to serve. Article XI of the
Constitution says there no religious test for any officer of the United
States and that shouldn't even have been a discussion in that committee
hearing. I'm glad that wasn't a discussion or a consideration here, but
it is one of the things that we should not evaluate people. He's in an
economics position. It doesn't matter if he's Muslim, Christian, Jewish,
Buddhist, or no faith at all. We're faith neutral. And so I'm grateful
that was not an issue for any of us and I would hope that's not a
growing trend for us as a body."

/Tony Perkins' Washington Update is written with the aid of FRC senior
writers./

*Endeavour Forum Inc. does not send unsolicited emails. If you wish to
be removed from the email list, please reply with UNSUBSCRIBE in the
subject line. If you find it difficult to cope with daily email and
would like to join the Weekly List, please reply with WEEKLY LIST in the
subject line. *

*You are encouraged to forward these emails to your own contact lists.
Please use the BCC field to hide personal email addresses, and delete
any personal address that may appear in an email.*

*If you change your email address, please let us know.*

* If you would like to receive by mail the quarterly issue of the
Endeavour Forum Inc. Newsletter, please email
**babette at endeavourforum.org.au* <mailto:babette at endeavourforum.org.au>

*Donations to Endeavour Forum Inc. may be made to the Commonwealth Bank
BSB  063 144 Account No. 1012 1106*

*Please fill in the payee slip so we can thank you!*