[Rushtalk] Laughable............

Dennis Putnam dap1 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 22 09:18:17 MDT 2017

I have no problem with calculators. They allow students to spend more
time on concepts than arithmetic. I never learned as much as they do
today about functions and their behavior because without a graphing
calculator it was impractical to do that much arithmetic with a slide
rule. Note that I consider arithmetic and math as distinctly different
and I hate arithmetic. It is an evil means to an end.