[Rushtalk] Historically black university in Texas cancels Senator's speech for not being democrat

Dennis Putnam dap1 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 28 11:11:59 MDT 2017

Prime example of why the founders created a republic.

"We have the right to decide if we want to refuse to sit and listen to
the words of a politician who chooses to use his political power in ways
that continually harm marginalized and oppressed [sic] people," the
petition said.

This is pure democracy also known as mob rule. What is missing in the
quote is:

We have the right to decide if we want to refuse to sit and listen to
the words of a politician who chooses to use his political power in ways
that continually harm marginalized and oppressed [sic] people, as well
as prevent others, that may disagree with our opinion of said
politician, from hearing him. The first amendment only applies to those
with whom we agree.