[Rushtalk] Football chickenshit l: Bills Reportedly to discuss Donald Trump Comments Team meetig]

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at juno.com
Sun Nov 5 19:00:35 MST 2017

When are the New England Patriots going to change their name? They don't
seem very patriotic to me!

Tom Brady on Trump: 'I certainly disagree with what he said'

Darin Gantt,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports Mon, Sep 25 8:00 AM EDT
      * Reactions
      * Like
      * Reblog on Tumblr
      * Share
      * Tweet
      * Email
Your browser does not support iframes.
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady avoided the topic of his friend Donald
Trump on Sunday, emphasizing the love he had for his teammates.

But during his weekly paid appearance on WEEI, Brady went as far as he
ever has into politics, saying he did not hold with Trump’s contention
that the “sons of bitches” who knelt for the national anthem should be
fired.

“I certainly disagree with what he said,” Brady said, via Mike Reiss of
ESPN.com. “I thought it was just divisive.”

Brady has avoided substantial comments about Trump the way he avoids
losing over the years, and after the game, had little to say. But when
asked if the president had bigger things to worry about than kneeling
football players, he admitted Trump went too far.

“I just want to support my teammates,” Brady said. “I’m never one that
says, ‘Oh, that’s wrong or that’s right.’ But I do believe in what I
believe in, and I believe in bringing people together and respect and
love and trust. Those are the values that my parents instilled in me and
that’s how I try to live every day.

“I’ve been blessed to be in a locker room with guys from all over the
United States over the course of my career. Some of my great friends are
from Florida, Virginia, New York, Montana, Colorado, Texas. I think one
thing about football is that it brings so many guys together, guys that
you would never have the opportunity to be around, whether it was in
college and all the way into the pros. We’re all different. We’re all
unique. That’s what makes us all so special.”

He also said he’s never had conversations with teammates about his
relationship with Trump. Brady used to display a “Make America Great
Again” hat in his locker, but eventually tucked it away with all his
personal opinions.

A number of Patriots players kneeled Sunday, and there were boos in the
crowd, which Brady acknowledged hearing.

“No, I think everyone has a right to do whatever they want to do,” he
said when asked if he was disappointed in the response. “If you don’t
agree with it, that’s fine, you can voice your disagreement; I think
that’s great. It’s part of our democracy, as long as it’s done in a
peaceful, respectful way. That’s what this country has been all about.”

It wasn’t the kind of fiery statement other players were willing to
make, but for Brady, it was more substantive than anything he’s said on
the topic previously. and that should also suggest how deeply the divide
in locker rooms was felt when the President decided to attack players.

--
----CWSIV----

     \_/

1 Simple Trick Removes Eye Bags & Lip Lines in Seconds
Fit Mom Daily
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/59ffc4617ef53445d1fa6st04duc