[Rushtalk] Un-American Football: Bills Reportedly to discuss Donald Trump Comments Team meeting

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at juno.com
Tue Oct 3 10:50:23 MDT 2017

Ravens, Jaguars players kneel during national anthem after Trump's
attacks on NFL

      * Print
      *

Baltimore Ravens players, including former player Ray Lewis, second from
right, kneel down during the playing of the U.S. national anthem before
an NFL football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium
in London, Sunday Sept. 24, 2017. (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)  (Copyright
2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

Dozens of NFL players for the Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars
showed a unified front on Sunday and kneeled as the national anthem
played during the start of their game in London, defying President
Trump’s attacks on the league's athletes.

A Message from Ashley HomeStore

Kids will love it and so will you

Wishing you could be like the cool kids? Because the cool kids have
bedrooms like this.

Those who were not kneeling, including the coaches on both teams and
Jaguars owner Shahid Khan, locked arms during the national anthem at the
game in London’s Wembley Stadium. The Jaguars tweeted a photo of the
defiant message shortly after with the caption: “Unity.” The players
then stood up for “God Save the Queen,” the British anthem.

The display marked a tumultuous weekend between the NFL and Trump, who
called the players kneeling during "The Star-Spangled Banner"
disrespectful.

“If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our
Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast,” Trump tweeted
Sunday morning. "Fire or suspend!”

He followed it up shortly after, tweeting: "...NFL attendance and
ratings are WAY DOWN. Boring games yes, but many stay away because they
love our country. League should back U.S."

His criticism began on Friday during a political rally in Alabama when
he called for players to be fired who disrespect the American flag.

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody
disrespects our flag, to say 'get that son of a b ---- off the field
right now? He's fired,'" Trump said to the crowd.

His comments drew sharp criticism among professional athletes and NFL
Commissioner Roger Goodell, who called Trump’s remarks “divisive.”

"Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect
for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to
understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players
represent in our communities," Goodell said.

--
----CWSIV----

     \_/

I Felt Like A Snake That Had Swallowed A Watermelon
Activated You
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/59d3c6da2a69b46d63689st03duc