[Rushtalk] Ridiculous!

John Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 16 17:18:06 MDT 2017

/*I'm sorry, Stephen, but you couldn't be more wrong if you had my .45
pointed at your head. Here's my proof:*/

  *John Jay*, /Original Chief-Justice of the U. S. Supreme Court/ ,
  "The Bible is the best of all books, for it is the word of God and
  teaches us the way to be happy in this world and in the next. Continue
  therefore to read it and to regulate your life by its precepts."

  *Benjamin Franklin*, /Signer of the Declaration of Independence/
  "[O]nly a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become
  corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."  [John Q sez: We
  are there right now, aren't we? I mean corrupt and vicious.]

  *Robert Winthrop*, /Speaker of the U. S. House,/  "Men, in a word,
  must necessarily be controlled either by a power within them or by a
  power without them; either by the Word of God or by the strong arm of
  man; either by the Bible or by the bayonet."

  *Fisher Ames*/author of the final wording for the First Amendment
  wrote/,  "[Why] should not the Bible regain the place it once held as
  a school book? Its morals are pure, its examples captivating and
  noble. The reverence for the Sacred Book that is thus early impressed
  lasts long; and probably if not impressed in infancy, never takes firm
  hold of the mind."

  /The Bible is a _Christian_ book and many of the founders have quotes
  that mention the Bible's role in our freedoms. _NOBODY_ is demanding
  anything of you, per se, than your moral behavior as mentioned within
  the Bible.//Checkmate!While our government has (figuratively) declared
  it open season on anybody but Muslims, I maintain that we are still a
  Christian nation.
  /