[Rushtalk] D.B. Cooper

John Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 2 21:54:13 MST 2018

News
<https://www.westernjournal.com/category/news/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>
Offbeat
<https://www.westernjournal.com/category/news/offbeat/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>

Share
<https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https://www.westernjournal.com/flat-lying-db-cooper-hijacking-case-just-got-new-plot-twist/?utm_source%3DFacebook%26utm_medium%3DPostSideSharingButtons%26utm_content%3D2018-02-02%26utm_campaign%3Dwebsitesharingbuttons&display=popup&ref=plugin&src=share_button&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>
Tweet
<https://twitter.com/share?url=https://www.westernjournal.com/flat-lying-db-cooper-hijacking-case-just-got-new-plot-twist/?utm_source%3DTwitter%26utm_medium%3DPostSideSharingButtons%26utm_content%3D2018-02-02%26utm_campaign%3Dwebsitesharingbuttons&utm_medium%3DCTWebsite%26utm_source%3DTwitter%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial&text=%26%238216%3BFlat-Out+Lying%26%238217%3B%3A+DB+Cooper+Hijacking+Case+Just+Got+a+New+Plot+Twist&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>
Email
<mailto:?subject=%27Flat-Out%20Lying%27%3A%20DB%20Cooper%20Hijacking%20Case%20Just%20Got%20a%20New%20Plot%20Twist&body=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.westernjournal.com%2Fflat-lying-db-cooper-hijacking-case-just-got-new-plot-twist%2F>
Print

  ‘Flat-Out Lying’: DB Cooper Hijacking Case Just Got a New Plot Twist

By Jonathan Pincus
<https://www.westernjournal.com/author/jonathan-pincus/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>

February 1, 2018 at 4:34pm

Share on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https://www.westernjournal.com/flat-lying-db-cooper-hijacking-case-just-got-new-plot-twist/?utm_source%3DFacebook%26utm_medium%3DPostTopSharingButtons%26utm_content%3D2018-02-02%26utm_campaign%3Dwebsitesharingbuttons&display=popup&ref=plugin&src=share_button&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>
Tweet
<https://twitter.com/share?url=https://www.westernjournal.com/flat-lying-db-cooper-hijacking-case-just-got-new-plot-twist/?utm_source%3DTwitter%26utm_medium%3DPostTopSharingButtons%26utm_content%3D2018-02-02%26utm_campaign%3Dwebsitesharingbuttons&utm_medium%3DCTWebsite%26utm_source%3DTwitter%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial&text=%26%238216%3BFlat-Out+Lying%26%238217%3B%3A+DB+Cooper+Hijacking+Case+Just+Got+a+New+Plot+Twist&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>
Email
<mailto:?subject=%27Flat-Out%20Lying%27%3A%20DB%20Cooper%20Hijacking%20Case%20Just%20Got%20a%20New%20Plot%20Twist&body=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.westernjournal.com%2Fflat-lying-db-cooper-hijacking-case-just-got-new-plot-twist%2F>
Print

Another wrinkle has been added to the already perplexing mystery
surrounding the D.B. Cooper hijacking case of 1971.

A documentary filmmaker named Thomas Colbert claimed Thursday he
believes the mysterious man to be a black ops CIA operative potentially
involved with Iran-Contra whose identity has been suppressed by federal
agents.

Colbert recruited a 40-person team to help him decipher the identity of
the mysterious criminal who in 1971 hijacked a Northwest Orient Boeing
727 and parachuted out the back of the plane with $200,000 in ransom money.

In January, Colbert revealed to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer
<http://www.seattlepi.com/seattlenews/article/Investigators-Codes-in-D-B-Cooper-letter-12472032.php>
that the number “717171684” found on the bottom of the letter came from
an Army veteran named Robert W. Rackstraw who is reportedly still alive
and residing in San Diego.

Colbert revealed that his team came to this conclusion after utilizing
information gathered from a code breaker who studied the five letters
allegedly drafted by Cooper.

*TRENDING:* FISA Memo Released
<https://www.westernjournal.com/fisa-memo-released/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>

“The new decryptions include a dare to agents, directives to apparent
partners, and a startling claim that is followed by Rackstraw’s own
initials: If captured, he expects a get-out-of-jail card from a federal
spy agency,” Colbert stated in a Thursday media release.

The investigator also noted that multiple people who knew Rackstraw came
forward and claimed that he had connections to the CIA.

Another investigator on Colbert’s team revealed
<http://www.seattlepi.com/seattlenews/article/Latest-on-D-B-Cooper-Investigators-say-he-was-12543305.php>
that other evidence gathered throughout the investigation shows that the
FBI deliberately tried to keep the case a mystery.

“As we suspected, records show the Bureau has been stonewalling,
covering up evidence and flat-out lying for decades,” the investigator
told The Oregonian
<http://www.oregonlive.com/trending/2018/02/db_cooper_investigative_team_b.html>.

      Do you believe Thomas Colbert’s claims?

Yes No
Continue with Facebook
– – – – – – – – or – – – – – – – –

Completing this poll entitles you to The Western Journal news updates
free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our
Privacy Policy
<https://www.westernjournal.com/about/privacy-policy/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>
and Terms of Use
<https://www.westernjournal.com/about/terms-service/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>.

As noted by Fox News, Colbert believes that the nine-digit code found at
the bottom of the letter may have been an attempt by Cooper to notify
other conspirators that he was still alive after the heist.

The investigator claims that the number is a reference to three units in
the Army that Rackstraw had connections to during his time in the military.

However, a former FBI agent believes that the idea of Colbert utilizing
coding techniques is somewhat far-fetched, but that Rackstraw might be
the culprit.

“I think the coding thing is remarkable, but I’m a hard skeptic,” Dorwin
Schreuder, a former FBI agent told the Seattle PI in January. “The
circumstances of those codes being what Tom says they are, that he says
nobody but him would know these units and these figures, if it’s true
that’s pretty hard to argue against. Rackstraw might be his guy.”

*RELATED:* Pharmaceutical Billionaires Found Dead in Home, Police
Confirm Grisly Homicide
<https://www.westernjournal.com/pharmaceutical-billionaires-found-dead-home-police-confirm-grisly-homicide/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter>

Schreuder worked on the Cooper case back in the 1980s, Fox News reported.

The fifth and final letter was released by the FBI in November 2017
through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

In the letter, Cooper explained why he believed authorities would never
be able to capture him.

“I didn’t rob Northwest Orient because I thought it would be romantic,
heroic or any of the other euphemisms that seem to attach themselves to
situations of high risk,” the mysterious hijacker allegedly wrote in the
fifth and final letter.

The statement continued: “My life has been one of hate, turmoil, hunger
and more hate, this seemed to be the fastest and most profitable way to
gain a few fast grains of peace of mind.

“I don’t blame people for hating me for what I’ve done nor do I blame
anybody for wanting me to be caught and punished, though this can never
happen.”

In an almost prophetic fashion, he went on to note that authorities
would have trouble finding him because he “left no fingerprints” and is
“not a boasting man,” among other things.

He ended the letter by stating that he is not a violent person.

“As a matter of fact I’ve never even received a speeding ticket,” Cooper
concluded.

As noted by Seattle PI, the case of D.B. Cooper is the only unsolved
incident of air piracy in U.S. history.

What do you think? Scroll down to comment below.