[Rushtalk] Ben Shapiro At His Best

John Nebel john.nebel at csdco.com
Sun Feb 4 18:01:17 MST 2018

John,

Right, well worth watching, both Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson.  It's
especially interesting that each respects and listens to the other.

John

<https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/jordan-peterson-and-ben-shapiro-leftist-chaos-is-forcing-people-to-wake-up?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com&utm_campaign=775ad4a969-Daily%2520Headlines%2520-%2520World&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_12387f0e3e-775ad4a969-402364789>

> LOS ANGELES, February 1, 2018 (LifeSiteNews <https://www.lifesitenews.com/>)
> – Dr. Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro agreed with Dave Rubin of the Rubin
> Report during a live interview yesterday that left-wing "Social Justice
> Warriors" were largely responsible for their surprising rise to fame.
>
> Rubin of the Rubin Report was hosting Peterson of the University of Toronto
> and Shapiro, editor-in-chief of the /Daily Wire/. Both are internationally
> recognized intellectual mega-stars who champion free speech, reason, and
> common sense. Rubin said that all three of them should be grateful that their
> opponents had sharpened them intellectually, given them influence in the
> public square, and brought them together.
>
> The live show, streamed over YouTube, was upbeat, with Rubin gleefully
> predicting a huge audience.
>
> “We are going to crack the internet today,” he said, “because I am sitting
> between two people who I think are really at the forefront of what I think is
> an ideas revolution on Planet Earth.”
>
> It was an accurate prophecy, for the live feed cut out 6 minutes 40 seconds
> into the show, and was restored only after a long pause. The show had over
> 245,000 views within 20 hours.
>
> Rubin indicated that people are turning to both of his guests for answers in
> the intellectual chaos that has ensued “post-Trump.” Rubin said that
> Peterson's profile had “exploded” in recent weeks. Shapiro agreed that
> Peterson is “the man of the hour.”
>
> The theme of the show was the growing fellowship, or “crew” of intellectuals
> coming together in an “ideas revolution” against the "identity politics"
> offered by postmodern philosophy. Reason-based thinkers like Peterson and
> Shapiro are advocating for "meaning" based on "purpose" and "personal
> responsibility" over grievance politics.
>
> “What I‘m hoping is happening,” said Peterson, “is that we’re beginning to
> elucidate the fundamental problems of identity politics. Like the real errors
> in it... Because I think [postmodernists] are wrong…. That the path they are
> choosing is improper.”
>
> He continued, “I think we know enough now to subvert the fundamental
> postmodern claims.”
>
> Among these claims is that objective truth does not exist: there are only
> “narratives” that advance the power and well-being of one group over another.
>

> After the guests reflected on the “flashpoints”  that had made them famous —
> Shapiro’s televised “shellacking
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIQtxLCgrM>” of Piers Morgan, Peterson’s
> interview
> <https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ha-gotcha-free-speech-hero-corners-left-wing-reporter-with-her-own-logic>

with Cathy Newman, and Rubin’s discussions with Sam Harris about Islam — they
> examined how left-wing media tries, but ultimately fails, to misrepresent
> its ideological opponents as villains.
>
> Among other newsmakers the media get wrong is Google ex-staffer James Damore
> <https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/google-punished-me-for-repeating-what-science-says-about-male-female-differ>.

He was fired from Google in 2017 for circulating an internal memo he wrote
> suggesting that there were benign reasons why gender parity does not exist
> in technological fields. His employers were horrified by his assertion that
> there were biological and psychological differences between women and men.
>
> Nevertheless, Rubin asked if they all didn’t owe Social Justice Warriors
> thanks for forcing their opponents to come out and become part of the ideas
> revolution
>
> Peterson, a Canadian, is both a professor and a clinical psychologist. He is
> the author of the current bestseller /12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to
> Chaos/ and an internet sensation.  Peterson’s YouTube channel, “Jordan
> Peterson Videos,” carries over 300 of his lectures, has 702,000 subscribers,
> and has had over 30 million views.
>
> A fierce opponent of totalitarianism of any kind, the 55-year-old professor
> rose to fame last year after refusing to follow laws enforcing the use of
> genderless pronoun preferred by transgender activists. The psychologist
> argued that policing language is the first step towards totalitarianism.
> Peterson was a leading critic of a Canadian bill (C-16
> <https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/canadian-bill-opposing-transgenderism-will-put-you-in-jail>)

which added “gender expression” and “gender identity” to Canada’s Human Rights