[Rushtalk] Tim Allen obliterates PC on ‘Last Man Standing’ return: ‘I’m going to identify as an Asian woman’

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Tue May 22 12:32:48 MDT 2018

Tim Allen obliterates PC on ‘Last Man Standing’ return: ‘I’m going to
identify as an Asian woman’

May 21, 2018 1:27 pm
Tim Allen obliterates PC on ‘Last Man Standing’ return: ‘I’m going to
identify as an Asian woman’ Actor Tim Allen wasted no time blasting
political correctness — with a wink and a nudge — as he was out
promoting the return of conservative comedy "Last Man Standing" to
television last week. The show was picked up by Fox last week and slated
for its fall lineup. (Image source: YouTube screenshot)
101  Follow
Dave Urbanski
Article Goal Inform

      * Share
      * Tweet

Actor Tim Allen wasted no time blasting political correctness — with a
wink and a nudge — as he was out promoting the return of conservative
comedy “Last Man Standing” to television.

“We’re gonna be very politically correct,” Allen told a reporter, his
tongue pressed firmly in cheek to plenty of laughter. “I’m going to
identify as an Asian woman that wants to be a European man … we’ll do
the journey of what it’s like to be an Asian woman in a European man’s
body … I eat a lot of Ramen. It’ll be a lot of Asian dishes. It’ll be
subtle.”

What else did Allen say?

But then the actor and comedian got serious about the uptick in
political correctness that’s resulted in a chilling effect over
comedians who want to push against that envelope — himself included.

“I don’t want to be PC,” Allen continued. “For all of us in the stand-up
world, all of us are seeing this and feeling this, and it’s a little
dangerous and uncomfortable that there [are] things you can’t say
because they might hurt people’s feelings.”

Allen also disagreed with a culture that’s “all of sudden” declared that
“words matter.”

“Words mean nothing,” he added. “It’s the intent behind the words. Lenny
Bruce said it. Comics play with them all the time. We joke around about
words … and in my gut, words don’t matter. The intent behind the word
matters. I’m a wordsmith; we play with words all the time.”

Allen added that it’s a “weird thing when I can’t say stuff [be]cause
you don’t like what that means …”

He shared that his “Last Man Standing” character Mike Baxter “has a way
…. of putting things into a very clear perspective” and likened him to
“Archie Bunker that went to the University of Michigan.”

“He’s got a very big sense of self, his opinions matter,” Allen noted
about Baxter, adding that he’s also dealing with three daughters and a
wife with “different points of view” and “he’s conflicted.”

What’s the ‘Last Man Standing’ background?

A year ago, ABC canceled “Last Man Standing” after six highly rated
seasons — fueling speculation that the network dropped the show because
of its conservative content. But ABC denied that politics was reason,
saying instead that production costs and Allen’s salary were the
triggers for the network.

But an online petition, which garnered more than 400,000 signatures,
argued that conservative politics were the reason for the show’s demise.

“Last Man Standing is one of the only shows on broadcast television, and
the only sitcom, that is not constantly shoving liberal ideals down the
throats of the viewers,” the petition read. “And sadly, that is likely
the real reason the show has been cancelled.”

After the cancellation, Allen tweeted that he was “stunned and
blindsided by the network I called home for the last six years.”

Although a couple of months before “Last Man Standing” got the boot,
Allen ripped Hollywood for its ideological intolerance — and on ABC’s
“Jimmy Kimmel Live.”

“You’ve gotta be real careful around here. You get beat up if you don’t
believe what everybody believes,” Allen told Kimmel. “This is like ’30s
Germany. I don’t know what happened.”

Fox picked up “Last Man Standing” last week and slated it for its fall
lineup.

×

×
×

Quantcast Comscore Beacon

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/05/21/tim-allen-obliterates-pc-on-last-man-standing-return-im-going-to-identify-as-an-asian-woman

Unbelievable German World War 2 Photo Shocks Americans
pro.naturalhealthresponse.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5b0480f7799d4f77cd0st02vuc