[Rushtalk] This Fox Host Just Pushed Rush Limbaugh Off the Top

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Wed May 23 09:03:24 MDT 2018

This Fox Host Just Pushed Rush Limbaugh Off the Top
      * Source: The Wrap

This Fox Host Just Pushed Rush Limbaugh Off the Top
Wikimedia Commons

Sean Hannity is now the most influential radio host in America according
to a new ranking from Talkers Magazine. The Fox News host beat out radio
legend, and the magazine’s longtime previous number one, Rush Limbaugh.

“Aside from the hosts whose sheer numbers and fame demand their
inclusion in this list, the selection process is subjective with the
goal being to create a list reflective of the industry’s diversity and
total flavor as well as giving credit where credit is due,” reads a
magazine description of the how the rankings were chosen.

“We acknowledge that it is as much art as science and that the results
are arguable.”

It’s only the second time in the list’s 24 year history that Limbaugh
hasn’t been in the top spot. In 2005, Howard Stern was first after
leaving terrestrial radio for a nine-figure deal with Sirius Satellite
Radio.

 Source: The Wrap

“Sean has had an unprecedented year in talk radio,” Talkers editor
Michael Harrison told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Even last year
we had a very intense discussion among our editors whether Sean should
have been on top. We held out another year out of our respect for what
Rush Limbaugh means to the industry and to the format.”

Rounding out the top five were Dave Ramsey, Mark Levin and Howard Stern.

Indeed, Hannity – always an influential talk radio host — has seen his
profile skyrocket since President Trump took office. The president is
said to be a regular viewer of Hannity’s prime-time Fox News show and
the two are known to speak frequently after he comes off the air.

With the departure of Bill O’Reilly last year, Hannity has emerged as
the ratings leader of the network and his program has largely served as
an anchor at a time when Fox News has had bad press, a number of
scandals and legal troubles. The channel has also stuck with the host in
what otherwise might career-ending scandals for Hannity elsewhere,
including his failure to disclose a legal relationship with Trump
attorney Michael Cohen.

https://www.thewrap.com/sean-hannity-passes-rush-limbaugh-to-become-americas-most-influential-radio-host-in-industry-magazine/
Good Morning America Confirms Unfortunate News
greatsuperstars.world
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5b0582cf23d142ce270est02vuc