[Rushtalk] Mccain admits he is a liberal

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Thu May 24 07:30:45 MDT 2018

EXCLUSIVE: That's not what he told me! Sarah Palin says hearing John
McCain say he regrets picking her as his running mate in 2008 is a
'perpetual gut-punch' – and claims he's told her the opposite

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com

Published: 16:05 EDT, 10 May 2018 | Updated: 14:13 EDT, 11 May 2018

Former Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin says hearing
that Sen. John McCain now regrets choosing her as his 2008 running mate
is 'like a perpetual gut-punch' every time she hears about it.

And the latest verdict from the ailing 81-year-old Arizona Republican,
she said, is perplexing because McCain has told her very different
things over and over in person.

'That's not what Sen. McCain has told me all these years, as he's
apologized to me repeatedly for the people who ran his campaign – some
who now staff MSNBC, the newsroom there, which tells you a lot,' Palin
said.

Hearing the opposite on TV, she said, was unnerving.

'It's not a real fun thing that part of my job is the requirement – is
having to read the news every day,' Palin lamented.

The onetime Alaska governor spoke to DailyMail.com in Washington before
headlining a fundraising event for a Trump-friendly political action
committee.

Senator John McCain revealed in his new book that he regrets picking
former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate. Above the two
are seen at a campaign rally in Dayton, Ohio, in August 2008

Palin tells DailyMail.com that McCain (pictured during their defeat on
election night) has shown a different attitude towards her since the
failed campaign and has even apologized' repeatedly' for her treatment
at the hands of the Republican Party Palin tells DailyMail.com that
McCain (pictured during their defeat on election night) has shown a
different attitude towards her since the failed campaign and has even
apologized' repeatedly' for her treatment at the hands of the Republican
Party Palin tells DailyMail.com that McCain (pictured during their
defeat on election night) has shown a different attitude towards her
since the failed campaign and has even apologized 'repeatedly' for her
treatment at the hands of the Republican Party

The New York Times revealed earlier this week that McCain wrote in his
new book, The Restless Wave, that he regretted choosing Palin as his
running mate and wanted Connecticut Senator Joseph Lieberman as his VP
instead.

Palin said it's possible that McCain himself doesn't believe she was a
drag on his White House aspirations a decade ago, but that hangers-on in
his inner circle could be presuming to speak for him.

'I attribute a lot of what we're hearing and reading regarding McCain's
statements to his ghostwriter or ghostwriters,' she explained.

'I don't know all the details of his condition right now. It happens to
me also where people speak for me and a bell is rung, and you can't
un-ring the bell.'

'I don't know unless I heard it from Sen. McCain myself,' she said.

McCain's recurring apology for her treatment at the hands of the
Republican Party elites who turned their noses up at her 'going rogue'
style, she insisted, 'has almost been a running joke between the two of
us over these years.'

'I stop him all the time and say, "Please don't apologize."

There's nothing to apologize for anyway, Palin said, since former
president Barack Obama's victory over her and McCain was basically
written in the stars.

'There were elements of a perfect storm for Barack Obama to have been
elected. It worked out the way that it was supposed to work out,' she
said.

McCain-Lieberman 2008: The senator admitted that he wished he has picked
Connecticut Senator Joseph Lieberman instead (right) but was advised
against itMcCain-Lieberman 2008: The senator admitted that he wished he
has picked Connecticut Senator Joseph Lieberman instead (right) but was
advised against itConnecticut Senator Joseph LiebermanConnecticut
Senator Joseph Lieberman
McCain-Lieberman 2008: The senator admitted that he wished he has picked
Connecticut Senator Joseph Lieberman instead (right) but was advised
against it

McCain's documentary and book are due to be released this month as he
battles an aggressive form of brain cancer. He is pictured above after
voting on a Senate tax bill in November 2017McCain's documentary and
book are due to be released this month as he battles an aggressive form
of brain cancer. He is pictured above after voting on a Senate tax bill
in November 2017McCain's documentary and book are due to be released
this month as he battles an aggressive form of brain cancer. He is
pictured above after voting on a Senate tax bill in November 2017

That's because the Obama years 'opened a lot of people's eyes to the
trajectory of our country,' she said, hastening the Trump era into
place.

Palin took issue with the way President Trump has treated McCain, a war
hero who was tortured for years in North Vietnam after his plane was
shot down – and famously refused to accept an early release unless the
men he commanded were allowed to come out of the infamous 'Hanoi Hilton'
with him.

Trump has hurled a steady stream of disparagement in McCain's direction
since early in the 2016 campaign season, once saying in Iowa that the
senator shouldn't be considered a war hero 'because he was captured.'

Share At first Palin said she was 'frustrated' with Trump for not having
a lighter touch with McCain.

Then she stopped and said a better word would be 'disappointment'
because Trump has been 'disparaging Sen. McCain – his record, his
history as a veteran – when we don't know all the details of all those
years that Sen. McCain made sacrifices for this country as a POW.'

While she defended McCain's honor, Palin had choice words for one of his
more memorable votes on the Senate floor.

McCain's book will be released on May 22, 2018McCain's book will be
released on May 22, 2018McCain's book will be released on May 22, 2018

The famously plainspoken Palin didn't dispute that she disagreed with
McCain for enraging the president by casting a 'no' vote last year and
killing a bill aimed at repealing the Affordable Care Act.

Obamacare is 'still on the books after all the promises that the GOP
would repeal [it],' she vented, ultimately allowing that 'it's not all
on Sen. McCain's shoulders' because plenty of Democrats became
'obstructionists' over the high-stakes legislative episode.

Asked if McCain should have voted yes,' Palin didn't blink.

'I wish that he would have,' she said. 'And Sen. McCain and I, at least
in the past, had a good enough relationship where if I had the
opportunity, I would have told him that.'

McCain, who is battling brain cancer, has already said he won't run for
re-election again.

Palin told DailyMail.com that she will 'choose to remember the good
times with him' even though he appears to have turned on her.

'In spite of everything that has erupted in these past days with his
spokesperson – or perhaps he himself – saying that he regrets that they
chose me to run on their ticket,' she said, 'despite all that, he has
been my friend.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5715425/Sarah-Palin-calls-John-McCains-comments-perpetual-gut-punch.html

Doctor Warns: Stop Eating This Immediately (Must Watch)
Gundry MD
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5b06be981098e3e973dc0st03vuc