[Rushtalk] [Fwd: Maxine Waters explodes on House floor: I resent ‘making America great again’!]

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Thu May 24 07:37:09 MDT 2018

Maxine Waters explodes on House floor: I resent ‘making America great
again’!

May 11, 2018 By Victor Skinner

California Congresswoman Maxine Waters doesn’t want to hear any talk
about making America great, especially if it’s coming from a straight
white man.

Waters went off the rails at a recent House debate when Pennsylvania
Rep. Mike Kelly had the audacity to suggest the country needed to shift
focus from what divides to what unites.

        Yesterday, on the House floor, RM @RepMaxineWaters had
        #notonesecond for Republican efforts to undermine
        anti-discrimination policies. Watch ⬇ pic.twitter.com/n36Gh2Msbg

        — Financial Svcs Dems (@FSCDems) May 9, 2018

“We are trying to make sure we are making America great every day in
every way and the best way to do that is to stop stalking about
discrimination and start talking about the nation,” Kelly said Tuesday,
directing his comments to Waters. “We’re coming together as a people, in
spite of what you say.”

Committee chairman Tom McClintock reminded lawmakers to direct comments
to him, rather than each other, before yielding to “the gentlelady from
California.” Waters ignored his request and immediately attacked Kelly,
pointing to her special double victim status as a black woman.

“Mr. Kelly, please do not leave. Because I want you to know that I am
more offended as an African American woman than you will ever be. And
this business about making America great again, it is your president
that’s dividing this country,” she said.

“And don’t talk to me about the fact that we don’t understand … that’s
the attitude that’s been given toward women time and time again.”

Kelly attempted to chime in, but Waters refused to yield for a response.
McClintock reminded Waters to direct her remarks to him, and she ignored
the request a second time.

“I respect the chair, but don’t stop me in the middle when you didn’t
stop him in the middle, and so I shall continue,” Waters said, turning
back to Kelly. “Don’t you dare talk to me like that and think that
somehow women don’t understand what goes on on the floor of automobile
dealers.”

McClintock again requested that Waters respect the rules, which sent the
79-year-old politician into a tirade about Trump.

“I don’t appreciate that you did not interrupt him when he was making
those outrageous remarks about him knowing more about discrimination
than I know about discrimination,” Waters shouted. “I resent that and I
resent the remark about making America great again.

“He’s down here making a speech for this dishonorable president of the
United States of America. Having said that, I reserve the balance of my
time. And no, I do not yield, not one second to you,” she yelled at
Kelly.

She added an echo for dramatic effect.

“Not one second,” she shouted. “Not one second to you.”

The hearing centered on Obama-era anti-discrimination regulations for
auto lenders, which Republicans and some Democrats voted to reverse. The
measure, which was previously approved by the Senate, is now awaiting
Trump’s signature, The Hill reports.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/rep-waters-offended-by-call-for-unity-i-resent-making-america-great-again/
Do This Before Bed Tonight To Burn Belly Flab All Night Long
Wise Med
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5b06c0195a30401852d0st02vuc