[Rushtalk] Does CNN’s Anderson Cooper Work For The CIA? It Shouldn’t Be Taboo To Talk About It]

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at juno.com
Sun May 27 07:37:57 MDT 2018

Does CNN’s Anderson Cooper Work For The CIA? It Shouldn’t Be Taboo To
Talk About It

By Arjun Walia
Collective Evolution

May 14, 2018

The CIA’s connections to mainstream media are well documented. Take
Operation Mockingbird, for example, a program developed by the agency to
infiltrate mainstream media and feed them stories that suit the
narrative of the agency, for ‘national security’ purposes. It was
actually birthed out of the Office for Strategic Services (OSS), which,
during the second World War, established a network of journalists and
psychological warfare experts. Back then, these were propaganda
campaigns, or fake news campaigns in essence. One old example from the
OSS can be looked at by examining the Career of Richard Helms. He
eventually become the CIA’s director, and was recruited by his own
supervisor at the United Press International’s Berlin Bureau to join the
OSS’s “black propaganda” program.

The list of connections is extensive. For example, a 1991 declassified
document also highlights this close relationship between mainstream
media and the agency. The document states that the CIA task force “now
has relationships with reporters from every major wire service,
newspaper, news weekly, and television network in the nation,” and that
“this has helped” them “turn some ‘intelligence failure’ stories into
‘intelligence success’ stories.” It also explains how the agency has
“persuaded reporters to postpone, change, hold, or even scrap stories.”

As James F. Tracy, a former professor of communications at Florida
Atlantic University, emphasizes:

        Since the end of World War Two the Central Intelligence Agency
        has been a major force in US and foreign news media, exerting
        considerable influence over what the public sees, hears and
        reads on a regular basis. CIA publicists and journalists alike
        will assert they have few, if any, relationships, yet the seldom
        acknowledged history of their intimate collaboration indicates a
        far different story–indeed, one that media historians are
        reluctant to examine.

Not long ago, Emma Best from Muckrock wrote an article about how, in
1984, the CIA planned to infiltrate academia and media, and her article
was retweeted by Edward Snowden. You can view that document here, and
read more about it here. No Place to Hide: Edwa... Glenn Greenwald Best
Price: $1.99 Buy New $6.42

(as of 03:10 EDT - Details)

Anderson Cooper

The information above makes it clear why it should really come as no
surprise that Anderson Cooper, CNN’s primary anchor, and host of the CNN
news show Anderson Cooper 360, also has connections to the intelligence
agency, and probably still does. The document presented above shows
close “relationships with reporters from every major television network
in the nation,” so it’s reasonable to assume the same of Cooper.

What lends even more credibility to that hypothesis is the fact that,
while attending Yale University as an undergraduate, he was actually
an intern at the CIA. Furthermore, his uncle, William Henry Vanderbilt
III, was an Executive Officer of the Special Operations Branch of the
OSS under the spy organization’s founder, William “Wild Bill” Donovan.
He also reached the rank of captain in the Navy during WW2. (Alternate
Source)

Cooper also comes from one of the richest families in American history,
and one of the wealthiest figures on the planet, Cornelius Vanderbilt,
also known as “Commodor Vanderbuilt,” who built his wealth on railroads
and shipping.

As you can see above, the link between mainstream media and intelligence
agencies is strong. Nobody can really deny that, as it’s been known
about for decades. Here’s a clip from a hearing that was held on the
topic in the 1950s to illustrate that point.

Apart from all this evidence, those from within mainstream media have
spoken out multiple times about it.

Dr. Udo Ulfkotte, a prominent German journalist and editor for more than
two decades, is one example. He blew the whistle on public television,
stating that he was forced to publish the works of intelligence agencies
under his own name and that noncompliance with these orders would result
in him losing his job.

Sharyl Attkisson and Amber Lyon, both well-known mainstream media
reporters and journalists, have also exposed funded movements by
political, corporate, and other special interests, and have revealed
that they are routinely paid by the U.S. government as well as foreign
governments to selectively report and distort information on certain
events. (source)(source)

So, has anybody ever confronted Anderson Cooper about this? Yes, Luke
Rudkowski from We Are Change did.

The Issue of “Fake News”

“The problem of fake news isn’t solved by hoping for a referee, but
rather because we as citizens, we as users of these services, help each
other. We talk and we share and we point out what is fake. We point out
what is true. The answer to bad speech is not censorship, the answer to
bad speech is more speech. We have to exercise and spread the idea that
critical thinking matters, now more than ever, given the fact that lies
seem to be getting more popular.”

– Edward Snowden

It’s mind-altering how we’ve come to a point where authority figures,
like the Disney Corporation, have teamed up with Facebook and other
online organizations to censor information which they deem to be fake
news, yet mainstream media has been dishing out fake news for years. Now
they are fighting hard against alternative media, which has gained
billions of eyes in viewership over the past few years.

The internet has provided a medium for researchers of all kinds to share
information that mainstream media never covers, and granted, there is
fake news out there, but that begs an important question: Can’t we
decide for ourselves? Are we not capable of thinking critically and
examining sources for ourselves? Censorship rules our world, and the
fact that even more censorship is taking place as a result of truth is
concerning.

Truth alone has the ability to help shift consciousness and transform
the human experience, and as a result of this shift, a lot of powerful
people will lose their control over this planet, which is why I think
this entire fake news debacle continues to push forward.

Reprinted with permission from Collective Evolution.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/05/no_author/does-cnns-anderson-cooper-work-for-the-cia-it-shouldnt-be-taboo-to-talk-about-it/
--
----CWSIV----

     \_/

Good Morning America Confirms Unfortunate News
greatsuperstars.world
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5b0ab563e8afd353a137ast02vuc