[Rushtalk] Why Liberals Support Muslims Who Hate Everything They Stand For

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at juno.com
Mon Nov 5 08:18:34 MST 2018

Why Liberals Support Muslims Who Hate Everything They Stand For

John Hawkins
John Hawkins

  Share (812)   Tweet
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent
the views of Townhall.com.

"I also now realize, with brutal clarity, that in the progressive
hierarchy of identity groups, Muslims are above gays. Every pundit and
politician -- and that includes President Obama and Hillary Clinton and
half the talking heads on TV -- who today have said ‘We don't know what
the shooter's motivation could possibly be!’ have revealed to me their
true priorities: appeasing Muslims is more important than defending the
lives of gay people. Every progressive who runs interference for Islamic
murderers is complicit in those murders, and I can no longer be a part
of that team." -- Anonymous at PJ Media

At first glance, the liberal approach to Islam makes no sense
whatsoever.

Liberalism is generally hostile to Christianity and it particularly
seems to dislike anyone who has strong religious convictions that
conflict with liberalism. This describes every devout Muslim on the
planet.

Liberals go on and on endlessly about a war on women and Islam treats
women like garbage. In many parts of the Islamic world, women are forced
to wear burkas or veils, are given clitoridectomies to take the pleasure
out of sex for them, can’t leave the house or drive without a male
relative and may be raped or beaten with impunity.

Libs obsess endlessly about gun violence and constantly trash our troops
when they accidentally kill civilians. In a large minority of the
Islamic world (and a majority in many more fundamentalist countries),
innocent women and children are considered fair game and terrorists who
murder them in large numbers in places like the Palestinian territories
are considered to be heroes.

CARTOONS | AF Branco
View Cartoon
The Left has gone so insane over imaginary violations of “gay rights”
that liberals are in favor of driving Christians out of any profession
that caters to weddings and they insist that women have to use the
bathroom with men because the less than .2% of men who “feel like” women
would be uncomfortable using the men’s bathroom. Meanwhile, Islam goes
with homophobia the way peanut butter goes with jelly. There are a
number of Islamic countries where being gay is a crime with jail or even
DEATH as the penalty.

So, how can liberals continue to turn a blind eye to all of this?

As my friend Evan Sayet has explained, it has to do with the liberal
emphasis on “indiscriminateness.”

They were raised to believe that indiscriminateness is a moral
imperative. That the only way to be moral is to not discriminate between
right and wrong, good and evil, better and worse, truth and lies because
your act of discrimination – discriminating between these things might
just be a reflection of your personal discrimination, your bigotries.

They were raised to believe that indiscriminateness is a moral
imperative because its opposite is the evil of having discriminated. The
second bullet point, and this is an essential corollary, is that
indiscriminateness of thought does not lead to indiscriminateness of
policy. It leads the modern liberal to invariably side with evil over
good, wrong over right and the behaviors that lead to failure over those
that lead to success. Why? Very simply if nothing is to be recognized as
better or worse than anything else then success is de facto unjust.

There is no explanation for success if nothing is better than anything
else and the greater the success the greater the injustice. Conversely
and for the same reason, failure is de facto proof of victimization and
the greater the failure, the greater the proof of the victim is, or the
greater the victimization.

Once you understand this facet of liberal thinking, many of the
illogical things that liberals believe make more sense.

      * Recommended

        Do You Notice Anything Wrong With Kavanaugh Accuser's So-Called
        Signed Witness Affidavits?

Why are American liberals so hostile to the rich? As that old quote
often attributed to Honoré de Balzac goes, “Behind every great fortune
there is a crime.” That’s the thinking.

Why do so many liberals seem to loathe America even though we’re the
richest, most successful country in history? Because the very fact that
we’re the richest, most successful country in history proves we must be
doing something wrong and unfair.

Why do white Americans have to be benefitting from racism and “white
privilege?” Because white Americans are a majority in the United States
and they’re doing better than most other racial groups.

Additionally, this way of viewing the world makes it extremely difficult
for liberals to deal with Islam in a rational way. They are unable to
admit that among religions, Islam has a unique problem with terrorism,
violence and rape. They are not capable of admitting that there is a
particular risk to bringing in Muslim immigrants. Even when a Muslim
tells everyone he’s killing people because of his religion, liberals
can’t acknowledge his motivation because to do so would mean that they’d
have to admit Islam has issues.

Until liberals can get past their “indiscriminateness” blind spot, when
it comes to Muslims, expect them to keep blaming anything and everything
other than religion for the horrible things radical Islamists do.

--
----CWSIV----

     \_/

Savannah Guthrie's Surprising 'Today' Announcement
track.volutrk.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5be05fea2eb035fe443d9st01duc