[Rushtalk] ESPN Admits It Was A Mistake To Enter Politics

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Sun Oct 21 18:33:39 MDT 2018

ESPN Admits It Was A Mistake To Enter Politics
      *
      * Source: American Update
      * by: AU Staff

ESPN Admits It Was A Mistake To Enter Politics
Wikimedia Commons - Gage Skidmore

ESPN has finally admitted that becoming political was not the best move
for the sports channel.

According to The Smokeroom:

        ESPN president Jimmy Pitaro seems shockingly self-aware about
        the network’s problems with getting into politics.

        “What I’ve heard consistently from day one of getting this job
        is the more we lean into politically charged commentary, the
        more we are alienating not just our core fan, but our casual
        fan,” Pitaro told John Ourand of Sports Business Journal
        Wednesday.

        Pitaro on the role politics play at ESPN #sbjsmt
        pic.twitter.com/1aD6wE35QG

        — SBJ/SBD (@sbjsbd) October 17, 2018
        I never thought I’d see the day when ESPN finally just came
        right out and admitted it was being absurdly stupid with its
        rush towards liberal politics. Well, I was clearly wrong because
        Pitaro absolutely hit the nail on the head here.

        It appeared the network would never pull itself out of the
        nosedive it’s still arguably in. However, Pitaro seems aware of
        the problem, which is the first step in fixing it.

It looks like ESPN will be returning to sports programming and moving
away from politics. A move that is welcomed but one that may have come
too late.

 Source: American Update

1 Simple Eyesight Trick 'Restores' Your Eyes Back To 20/20
Outback Vision Protocol
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5bcd1b84e07981b8425dbst02vuc