[Rushtalk] ABC Having Big Roseanne Regrets

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at juno.com
Sat Oct 27 14:02:38 MDT 2018

ABC Having Big Roseanne Regrets

      * 10/12/2018
      * Source: American Update
      * by: AU Staff

ABC Having Big Roseanne RegretsWikimedia Commons

ABC executives are breaking their silence on Roseanne and are having
some regrets over the network's decision to part way with the star.

According to The Daily Caller:

        In a recent interview with The Daily Mail, however, two ABC
        executives reportedly admit Barr’s firing was a “knee-jerk”
        reaction from the network’s president and a temporary suspension
        could have been a more appropriate action.

        “We didn’t think it through properly. What Roseanne did was
        wrong but we shouldn’t have rushed to fire her. It was almost a
        knee-jerk reaction by Ben [Sherwood] and Channing [Dungey] who
        should have launched an investigation,” an ABC insider told The
        Daily Mail.

        The ABC insider openly admits regretting not polling the general
        public before making a decision. The choice to cut Roseanne from
        the show occurred hours after her comments sparked backlash.

        “This would have given them more time to listen to the public,
        advertisers and cast members to determine the best decision,” he
        continued. “They could’ve suspended her from the first few
        episodes without pay and had her return later on in the season.
        I mean the season finale saw Roseanne going to the hospital for
        knee surgery.”

The source also stated that the network could be harmed as a whole, not
just the show that now lacks Roseanne.

 Source: American Update

--
----CWSIV----