[Rushtalk] A quick, simple civics lesson

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Sat Sep 22 13:59:19 MDT 2018

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Scott Dugan <Scott at rsdugan.com>

  A quick, simple civics lesson

        A quick, simple civics lesson, punctuated by some amazing
        statistics.  I wonder if this is taught in our schools...

        Why we have the Electoral College.

        A 39 second Must Read you may want to pass on.

        In their infinite wisdom, the United States' Founders created
        the Electoral College to ensure the STATES were fairly
        represented.  Why should one or two densely populated areas
        speak for the whole of the nation?

        The following list of statistics has been making the rounds on
        the Internet.  It should finally put an end to the argument as
        to why the Electoral College makes sense.

        There are 3,141 counties in the United States.

        Trump won 3,084 of them.

        Clinton won 57. (let that sink in)

        There are 62 counties in New York State.

        Trump won 46 of them.

        Clinton won 16.

        But, Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5 million votes.

        In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn,
        Manhattan, Richmond & Queens)

        Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump.
        (Clinton won 4 of these counties; Trump only won Richmond)

        Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for
        Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.

        These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.

        The United States is comprised of 3,797,000 square miles.

        When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square
        miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that
        the vote of those who inhabit a mere 319 square miles should
        dictate the outcome of a national election.

        Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA,
        etc.) DO NOT and SHOULD NOT speak for the rest of our country!

        And...it's been verified and documented that those
        aforementioned 319 square miles are where the majority of our
        nation's problems foment.

        Well worth the 39 seconds to read?   Now please pass it on. I
        did.

You'll Never Think About Solar Panels After Seeing This
Patriot Wealth
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ba69f9a4e8981f997b1fst01duc