[Rushtalk] Trump is a pragmatist

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at juno.com
Fri Sep 21 07:28:14 MDT 2018

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Scott D

​

A dose of reality . . .

Mychal S. Massie is an ordained minister who spent 13 years in
full-time Christian Ministry. Today he serves as founder and Chairman of
the Racial Policy Center (RPC), a think tank he officially founded in
September 2015.  RPC advocates for a colorblind society.  He was founder
and president of the non-profit “In His Name Ministries.”   He is the
former National Chairman of the conservative black think tank, Project
21-The National Leadership Network of Black Conservatives and a former
member of its parent think tank, the National Center for Public Policy
Research.

Trump is not a Liberal or Conservative, He’s a Pragmatist.
(Definition: A pragmatist is someone who is practical and focused on
reaching a goal. A pragmatist usually has a straightforward,
matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her.)

"We recently enjoyed a belated holiday dinner with friends at the home
of other friends. The dinner conversation was jocund, ranging from
discussions about antique glass and china to theology and politics.  At
one point, reference was made to Donald Trump being a conservative, to
which I responded that Trump is not a conservative, nor do I believe
Trump views himself as a conservative.

It was my opinion that Trump is a pragmatist. He sees a problem and
understands it must be fixed. He doesn't see the problem as liberal or
conservative; he sees it only as a problem. That is a quality that
should be admired and applauded, not condemned. But I get ahead of
myself.

Viewing problems from a liberal perspective has resulted in the creation
of more problems, more entitlement programs, more victims, more
government, more political correctness, and more attacks on the working
class in all economic strata.

Viewing things according to the so-called Republican conservative
perspective has brought continued spending and globalism to the
detriment of American interests and well being, denial of what the real
problems are, weak, ineffective, milquetoast, leadership that amounts to
Barney Fife Deputy Sheriff, appeasement oriented and afraid of its own
shadow. In brief, it has brought liberal ideology with a pachyderm as a
mascot juxtaposed to the ass of the Democrat Party.

Immigration isn't a Republican problem – it isn't a liberal problem – it
is a problem that threatens the very fabric and infrastructure
of America.  It demands a pragmatic  approach, not an approach that is
intended to appease one group or another.

The impending collapse of the economy isn't a liberal or conservative
problem; it is an American problem. That said, until it is viewed as a
problem that demands a common sense approach to resolution, it will
never be fixed because the Democrats and Republicans know only one way
to fix things and the longevity of their impracticality has proven to
have no lasting effect.

Successful businessmen like Donald Trump find ways to make things work;
they do not promise to accommodate.

Trump uniquely understands that China’s manipulation of currency is not
a Republican problem or a Democrat problem. It is a problem that
threatens our financial stability and he understands the proper balance
needed to fix it. Here again, successful businessmen like Trump who have
weathered the changing tides of economic reality understand what is
necessary to make business work, and they, unlike both sides of the
political aisle, know that if something doesn't work, you don't continue
trying to make it work hoping that at some point it will.

As a pragmatist, Donald Trump hasn't made wild pie-in-the-sky promises
of a cell phone in every pocket, free college tuition, and a $15 per
hour minimum wage for working the drive-through at Carl’s Hamburgers.

I argue that America needs pragmatists because pragmatists see a problem
and find ways to fix them. They do not see a problem and compound it by
creating more problems.

You may not like Donald Trump, but I suspect that the reason people do
not like him is because: (1) he is antithetical to the “good old boy”
method of brokering backroom deals that fatten the coffers of
politicians; (2) they are unaccustomed to hearing a candidate speak who
is unencumbered by the financial shackles of those who owe them
vis-a-vis donations; (3) he is someone who is free of idiomatic
political ideology; and (4) he is someone who understands that it takes
more than hollow promises and political correctness to make America
great again.

Listening to Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders talk about
fixing America is like listening to two lunatics trying to “out crazy”
one another. Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Marco Rubio are owned lock,
stock, and barrel by the bankers, corporations, and big dollar donors
funding their campaigns. Bush can deny it, but common sense tells anyone
willing to face facts is that people don't give tens of millions without
expecting something in return.

We have had Democrats and Republican ideologues and what has it brought
us?  Are we better off today or worse off? Has it happened overnight or
has it been a steady decline brought on by both parties?

I submit that a pragmatist might be just what America needs right now.

People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance, but
that is common among those who have never accomplished anything in their
lives (or politicians who never really solved a problem, because it's
better to still have an "issue(s) to be solved," so re-elect me to solve
it, (which never happens) and those who have always played it safe
(again, all politicians) not willing to risk failure, to try and achieve
success.

Donald Trump has his total financial empire at risk in running for
president; that says it all.

--
----CWSIV----

     \_/

Unbelievably $5 Trick Erases Teeth Stains Over Night
iLife Health & Beauty
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ba7a9038f6628cb4cb4st04duc