[Rushtalk] Roseanne Believes Michelle Obama got her Fired

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at cox.net
Sat Apr 6 12:44:48 MDT 2019

Roseanne Believes Michelle Obama got her Fired
      * 2019-03-11
      * Source: American Update
      * by: AU Staff

Roseanne Believes Michelle Obama got her Fired
Wikimedia Commons

Comedian and actress Roseanne Barr is blaming Michelle Obama for getting
her fired from ABC.

According to Fox News:

        Roseanne Barr believes former first lady Michelle Obama is
        responsible for getting her fired from her eponymous ABC reboot.

        The hit reboot of "Roseanne" was famously canceled in May
        2018 after Barr, 66, posted a series of tweets deemed racist
        and Islamophobic, including one likening former President Barack
        Obama's aide Valerie Jarrett to someone from "Planet of the
        Apes" and the Islamic Brotherhood.

        Barr initially took responsibility for the remark, which she
        has alternately blamed on using Ambien and supporting President
        Trump, but now she believes the former first lady is behind her
        getting the reboot the boot.

        "[Obama] said, 'This tweet is unforgivable.' That's what I was
        told and I tend to believe it, because the woman who fired me is
        now working with the Obamas at Netflix," Barr fumed to The
        Sunday Times (via The Sun). Barr appeared to be referring to
        Channing Dungey, the former ABC Entertainment president
        responsible for canceling "Roseanne." Netflix hired her late
        last year to work on original programming, including content
        from the Obamas' Higher Ground Productions.

Originally Roseanne was ok with the show continuing on in her
absence but changed her stance when it was revealed how she was killed
off the show.

 Source: American Update