[Rushtalk] [Fwd: FW: Sweet Little Thelma]

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Mon Jul 1 20:07:27 MDT 2019

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Scott Dugan

                                A smart little Jewish girl!

                                "Since Valentine's Day is for a
                                Christian saint and we're Jewish," she
                                asks, "Will God get mad at me for giving
                                someone a valentine?

                                Thelma's father thinks a bit then says
                                "No, I don't think God would get mad.
                                Who do you want to give a valentine to?”

                                "The whole Isis group," she says.

                                "Why them," her father asks in shock?

                                "Well," she says, "I thought that if a
                                little American Jewish girl could have
                                enough love to give them a valentine,
                                they might start to think that maybe
                                we're not all bad, and maybe start
                                loving people a little bit. And if other
                                kids saw what I did and then they sent
                                valentines to them, they'd love everyone
                                a lot. And then they'd start going all
                                over the place telling everyone how much
                                they loved them and how they didn't hate
                                anyone anymore.”

                                Her father's heart swells and he looks
                                at his daughter with new found pride.
                                "Thelma, that's the most wonderful thing
                                I've ever heard. ”

                                "I know," Thelma says, "and once that
                                gets them out in the open, the Marines
                                could blow the shit out of them.