[Rushtalk] Dozens of Border Patrol agents and officers rushed to the scene of El Paso shooting

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Tue Sep 3 18:14:02 MDT 2019

Dozens of Border Patrol agents and officers rushed to the scene of El
Paso shooting
by Anna Giaritelli
 | August 08, 2019 07:22 PM

Print this article

More than 130 federal agents and officers assigned to the U.S.-Mexico
border near El Paso, Texas, responded to the shooting scene at WalMart
last Saturday, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

“Our response was instantaneous … More than 135 CBP employees were there
within minutes, providing tactical, medical, and peer support,”
according to a statement released Thursday, which included a comment CBP
Commissioner Mark Morgan made in a message video-taped for employees.

Texas Mall Shooting U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers gather
near the scene of a shooting at a shopping mall in El Paso, Texas, on
Saturday, Aug. 3, 2019.
(Rudy Gutierrez/AP)
Border Patrol agents, officers who work at the ports of entry, elite
agents from Border Patrol’s Search, Trauma, and Rescue and Tactical
Units, as well as Air and Marine Operations all descended on the scene
to assist El Paso police Saturday morning.

Border Patrol, which is located a matter of miles from the scene of the
attack, was on site within “minutes” of the first gunshots. An existing
active shooter response team carried out building sweeps and set up a
perimeter around the area. Employees from other agencies took to the
skies in helicopters to survey the scene.

“In the searing 100-plus degree temperatures and high humidity, they
provided medical support, perimeter security, and support to local law
enforcement to secure the scene and ensure public safety,” CBP wrote.

Donna Sifford, director of CBP’s Marcelino Serna/Tornillo port of entry,
was off-duty and inside the store shopping on the tax-free weekend when
she heard shots ring out. A non-law enforcement shopper credited her
jumping into action with saving his life.

“We heard the gunshots happening,” Sifford told CNN in a recent
interview. “We were trying to get as many people as we could out. We
were just in ‘go mode.’ I just did exactly what CBP taught me to do.”

“Vigilance does not stop when your shift ends or when you take off your
uniform,” Morgan said. “It’s not just about the people we work with;
it’s about our families, friends, and community. My thoughts and prayers
are with everyone impacted by these horrific events.”

El paso police response.jpg
(CBP)
Twenty-two people were killed and 24 wounded in what the FBI has called
a domestic terrorism attack. Five of those killed were family members of
CBP employees.

“This horrific, hate-fueled attack was profoundly personal for us,” said
Morgan. Approximately 3,600 CBP employees work in the El Paso
 region.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dozens-of-border-patrol-agents-and-officers-rushed-to-the-scene-of-el-paso-shooting

Simple ED Solution Is Leaving Women Speechless
Med Journal
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5d6f32b199b7032b014ffst04duc