[Rushtalk] University Faculty Demand Chick-fil-A Be Thrown Off Campus Due To Bigotry

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Fri Sep 20 14:14:17 MDT 2019

Liberals are all about tollerance but not when someone disagrees with
them.

University Faculty Demand Chick-fil-A Be Thrown Off Campus Due To
Bigotry
      * 09/04/2019 12:00 AM
      * Source: American Update
      * by: AU Staff

University Faculty Demand Chick-fil-A Be Thrown Off Campus Due To
Bigotry
Flickr

Faculty at the University of Kansas are now demanding that Chick-fil-a
be removed from campus due to their conservative Christian beliefs. As
The Daily Wire reports:

        Members of the "Sexuality & Gender Diversity Faculty and Staff
        Council" wrote a letter to the university stating, "In the
        Spring, we spoke out to denounce the decision to relocate the
        business, which has a history of supporting organizations that
        are hostile to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer
        (LGBTQ) people, families, and communities." The letter named
        Exodus International, which supports so-called "conversion
        therapy," along with the Family Research Council (FRC); the
        letter cited the leftist Southern Poverty Law Center, calling
        the FRC a "hate group.” The letter sniped, "While many
        Christians are supportive of the LGBTQ community and many are
        members themselves, the culture of Chick-fil-A fosters hate and
        discrimination on multiple levels ... While we recognize that
        contractual obligations did not allow the complete removal of
        the brand from campus, we are outraged that they have been
        allowed to move from the Wescoe Underground to a new, bigger,
        more central location on the University of Kansas campus.
        Despite our denouncements and the university's own moves to
        increase the campus's diversity, equity, and inclusion, KU
        granted Chick-fil-A, a bastion of bigotry, a prime retail
        location in the heart of our campus."

        Speaking of Chick-fil-A's move to the Memorial Union, the letter
        stated, "The Union was one of the first places on campus to
        incorporate gender inclusive bathrooms for the comfort and
        validation of the experiences and range of identities of the
        people who walk our halls. The arrival of Chick-fil-A in this
        building is insulting, counterproductive, and unacceptable."

        The letter continues, "We demand a guarantee from the
        Chancellor, KU Athletics, and the Provost that these contracts
        will not be renewed once expired."...

        But College Republicans at the university are fighting back;
        Garrett Miller, a spokesman for the College Republicans group at
        the university, noted of the fast-food chain's university
        outlet, "Usually any time of day it's just packed,"
        told DailyMail.com, "Chick-fil-A doesn't discriminate against
        the LGBTQ community. Anybody can go in and get their chicken. If
        you don't like Chick-Fil-A, you can go somewhere else."

It's truly incredible that liberals who pride themselves on being
against bigotry are, in reality, so bigoted themselves that they can't
even allow a Christian owned buisness from selling chicken sandwiches.

 Source: American Update

Your City, Your State Drivers Fuming over New Rule
drivefinance.org
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5d853345b2a56334443e2st01duc