[Rushtalk] [Fwd: Neurosurgeon Says Face Masks Pose Serious Risk to Healthy People]

Rushtalk Discussion List rushtalk at csdco.com
Fri May 29 14:06:22 MDT 2020

Neurosurgeon Says Face Masks Pose Serious Risk to Healthy People

There is no scientific evidence that it is effective against COVID-19
transmission, he says

Megan Fox | PJ Media - May 15, 2020 30 Comments

Neurosurgeon Says Face Masks Pose Serious Risk to Healthy People

Image Credits: Aleksandr Zubkov / Getty.

Every Karen on Facebook is shaming her neighbors for not wearing a face
mask.

We are being told by governors that if we don’t wear them we are
selfish, horrible human beings with no souls who want Grandma to die a
horrible death. Police are tackling people who don’t wear them properly
in the subway. Grocery stores are throwing maskless people out and
denying them service. But now, there’s another doctor weighing in—
besides Dr. Fauci, bonafide sex god and ruler of us all, who also said
face masks are largely security theater and of no use to the
healthy. Dr. Russell Blaylock, a neurosurgeon, has written an
editorial saying that “masks pose serious risks to the healthy.”

First, Blaylock says, there is no scientific evidence that it is
effective against COVID-19 transmission. Pro-science people should care
about this.

As for the scientific support for the use of face mask, a recent careful
examination of the literature, in which 17 of the best studies were
analyzed, concluded that, “ None of the studies established a conclusive
relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against
influenza infection.”   Keep in mind, no studies have been done to
demonstrate that either a cloth mask or the N95 mask has any effect on
transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Any recommendations, therefore, have
to be based on studies of influenza virus transmission. And, as you have
seen, there is no conclusive evidence of their efficiency in controlling
flu virus transmission.

It is also instructive to know that until recently, the CDC did not
recommend wearing a face mask or covering of any kind, unless a person
was known to be infected, that is, until recently. Non-infected people
need not wear a mask. When a person has TB we have them wear a mask, not
the entire community of non-infected. The recommendations by the CDC and
the WHO are not based on any studies of this virus and have never been
used to contain any other virus pandemic or epidemic in history.

Beyond the lack of scientific data to support wearing a mask as a
deterrent to a virus, Blaylock says the more pressing concern is what
can and will happen to the wearer.

Now that we have established that there is no scientific evidence
necessitating the wearing of a face mask for prevention, are there
dangers to wearing a face mask, especially for long periods? Several
studies have indeed found significant problems with wearing such a mask.
This can vary from headaches, to increased airway resistance, carbon
dioxide accumulation, to hypoxia, all the way to serious
life-threatening complications.

There are studies to back that claim up.

In one such study, researchers surveyed 212 healthcare workers (47 males
and 165 females) asking about presence of headaches with N95 mask use,
duration of the headaches, type of headaches and if the person had
preexisting headaches.

They found that about a third of the workers developed headaches with
use of the mask, most had preexisting headaches that were worsened by
the mask wearing, and 60% required pain medications for relief. As to
the cause of the headaches, while straps and pressure from the mask
could be causative, the bulk of the evidence points toward hypoxia
and/or hypercapnia as the cause. That is, a reduction in blood
oxygenation (hypoxia) or an elevation in blood C02 (hypercapnia). It is
known that the N95 mask, if worn for hours, can reduce blood oxygenation
as much as 20%, which can lead to a loss of consciousness, as happened
to the hapless fellow driving around alone in his car wearing an N95
mask, causing him to pass out, and to crash his car and sustain
injuries. I am sure that we have several cases of elderly individuals or
any person with poor lung function passing out, hitting their head.
This, of course, can lead to death.

A more recent study involving 159 healthcare workers aged 21 to 35 years
of age found that 81% developed headaches from wearing a face mask. Some
had pre-existing headaches that were precipitated by the masks. All felt
like the headaches affected their work performance.

Blaylock says studies have also shown that face masks impair oxygen
intake dramatically, potentially leading to serious problems.

The importance of these findings is that a drop in oxygen levels
(hypoxia) is associated with an impairment in immunity. Studies have
shown that hypoxia can inhibit the type of main immune cells used to
fight viral infections called the CD4+ T-lymphocyte. This occurs because
the hypoxia increases the level of a compound called hypoxia inducible
factor-1 (HIF-1), which inhibits T-lymphocytes and stimulates a powerful
immune inhibitor cell called the Tregs. . This sets the stage for
contracting any infection, including COVID-19 and making the
consequences of that infection much graver. In essence, your mask may
very well put you at an increased risk of infections and if so, having a
much worse outcome.

In other words, if you wear a face mask and contract some sickness, you
will not be able to fight it off as effectively as if you had normal
blood oxygen levels. The mask could make you sicker. It could also
create a “deadly cytokine storm” in some.

There is another danger to wearing these masks on a daily basis,
especially if worn for several hours. When a person is infected with a
respiratory virus, they will expel some of the virus with each breath.
If they are wearing a mask, especially an N95 mask or other tightly
fitting mask, they will be constantly rebreathing the viruses, raising
the concentration of the virus in the lungs and the nasal passages. We
know that people who have the worst reactions to the coronavirus have
the highest concentrations of the virus early on. And this leads to the
deadly cytokine storm in a selected number.

How about cancer, heart attacks, and strokes? Blaylock says face masks
can make all of those conditions worse.

People with cancer, especially if the cancer has spread, will be at a
further risk from prolonged hypoxia as the cancer grows best in a
microenvironment that is low in oxygen. Low oxygen also promotes
inflammation which can promote the growth, invasion and spread of
cancers. Repeated episodes of hypoxia has been proposed as a significant
factor in atherosclerosis and hence increases all cardiovascular (heart
attacks) and cerebrovascular (strokes) diseases.

If that’s not bad enough, how would you like COVID-19 in your brain?

It gets even more frightening. Newer evidence suggests that in some
cases the virus can enter the brain. In most instances it enters the
brain by way of the olfactory nerves (smell nerves), which connect
directly with the area of the brain dealing with recent memory and
memory consolidation. By wearing a mask, the exhaled viruses will not be
able to escape and will concentrate in the nasal passages, enter the
olfactory nerves and travel into the brain.

Why is it that we only listen to dire predictions from Dr. Fauci and we
don’t consult other experts in the field of medicine? Is Anthony Fauci
the only qualified person to talk about this virus? Furthermore, if he
is, he agrees with Dr. Blaylock that only sick people should wear them
and he said so on 60 Minutes. So why aren’t we listening to him?

--
Carl  Spitzer
  ___              _
|      __,   ,_   | |       /\   _    _|_  __   _   ,_

Trump: US Is Done With World Health Organization
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ed16b7cc8e4d6b7b3c94st01duc1
Trump: 'Haters' Are Distorting My Tweet About Looters
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ed16b7ce40c06b7b3c94st01duc2
Forbes Redid the Numbers. It's Bad News for Kylie Jenner
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ed16b7daea66b7b3c94st01duc3