[Rushtalk] An Open Letter to the American Medical Association

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Sun Aug 15 08:09:42 MDT 2021

An Open Letter to the American Medical Association
by Julio Gonzalez, M.D., J.D.

Dear Sir and Madam,

I read with great disgust your "Organization Strategic Plan to Embed
Racial Justice and Advance Health Equity."  Seldom have I read a more
destructive, divisive, and inflammatory document by a professional
organization, and I have never been more ashamed of being associated
with the American Medical Association at any time in my career.

The suggestion that our country owes anyone "equity" because of "past
injustices" is revolting.  My family arrived in this country in
1961.  We have not been a party to any of the injustices that occurred
so many decades ago, yet you hold my family, my colleagues, and me in
the same light that you hold the cruelest slaveholder.  How dare you say
that I, a person who is forced to answer on a census form as being
white/Caucasian, but who on a different question answers
Hispanic/Latino/Cuban, should be in anyway held responsible for those
who traded slaves and the African chieftains who willingly sold their
tribesmen and women to the Europeans four hundred years ago?

How dare you say that I, and every one of my colleagues who have spent
our lives treating the poor, minorities, majorities, and anyone else who
may stumble into our emergency rooms, legally or not, without bias or
favor, and without any chance of being reimbursed for our training and
our efforts, should be thought of as members of an oppressive consortium
designed to inflict evil or inequity to those who we selflessly treat?

How dare you join the countless number of camouflaged communists who
furtively and purposely try to confuse those around them by conflating
equity with equality? Ours is a nation built on the premise of equal
standing under the law and only that.  Everything else is to be achieved
through excellence, dedication, training, and hard work.

Equity, on the other hand, is achieved by fiat, by taking from some and
giving it to others at the point of a gun.  Few better ruses exist for
the state control of the means of production than through the illusory
promise of achieving equity instead of equal standing under the
law. This is a dangerous track you are entering from which you and the
social system you seek may never be able to return.

You claim that we live in a land that was taken from Native Americans
hundreds of years ago.  That may be so, but you neglect that the same is
true of all other civilizations on earth. The Babylonians invaded
Israel. The Norwegians invaded England. The Visigoths invaded
Rome.  Rome invaded Egypt and North Africa.  The Turks invaded
Constantinople.  The Mongols invaded Europe.  The Germans invaded
Russia.  The Russians starved their people.  The Germans committed
holocaust upon the Jews.  The Calusa’s ransacked and sacrificed their
neighboring tribes.  The Caribes attacked and imprisoned the
Taínos.  The Mayans continuously conquered each other and tore their
victims' hearts out while they were still beating.  Mao starved 69
million people and the People's Republic of China killed millions with
their latest virus.

Every single civilization, even those in Africa and the Far East, have
conquered and been conquered.  It is a fact of life and a staple of
history.  Your skewed and biased view of the events that took place
between the Europeans and Native Americans while ignoring every other
injustice carried out throughout history upon the very groups against
which you point an accusatory finger is ignorant, hypocritical, and
insulting to the 100% of us living Americans who played no part in the
invasion nor were victims of the conquests.

You have abused your position as the self-proclaimed purveyor of the
medical profession to promote a self-proclaimed social(ist) agenda
against the will of so many of those whom you falsely claim to
represent.

I will oppose you with all my being, all my strength, my intellect, and
my voice.  I will oppose you from here to the ends of the earth.  I will
oppose you because of your disgusting abuse of the great privilege that
has been bestowed upon you, and because of the great insult you asperse
upon me by suggesting that I carry anything other than love, charity,
and good will towards every human being that I meet and have treated in
my 30 years of practice as a physician.

There is a magnificent document whose signers pledged their Lives, their
Fortunes, and their Sacred Honor to a cause much greater than
themselves.  Today, I pledge the same in opposition of you.

Here's to seeing the end of your filthy, disgusting, and vile
organization.

Julio Gonzalez, M.D., J.D.
Former Florida State Representative
Former Congressional Candidate

Dr. Julio Gonzalez is an orthopedic surgeon and lawyer living in Venice,
Florida.  He served in the Florida House of Representatives.  He is the
author of numerous books including  The Federalist Pages, The Case for
Free Market Healthcare, and Corona lessons.

Tropical Storm to Quickly Follow Haiti Earthquake
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/6119202d64b59202c2fa3st04vuc1
Taliban Enters Kabul, Seeks 'Unconditional Surrender'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/6119202d83a29202c2fa3st04vuc2
Indonesian Army Says It's Ending Controversial Practice
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/6119202da2913202c2fa3st04vuc3