[Rushtalk] electric car charger powered by deisel generator

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Fri Aug 20 20:10:57 MDT 2021

On Wed, 2021-08-18 at 16:12 +0000, Stephen Frye via Rushtalk wrote:
> Wrong.  As far as CO2 and polluting particles, diesel is cleaner than
> both coal and gasoline.  Diesel burns far more efficiently and
> completely than gasoline, which is why it is used in high power
> situations.  Diesel is actually oil, so it provides much of its own
> needed lubrications.  Diesel provides far more power/torque

As I remember your loosing energy in this situation to heat and friction
both in the engine and electric generator.
I would think using the diesel directly would be more efficient if you
work out the numbers in Jules of Energy.

--
Carl  Spitzer
  ___              _
|      __,   ,_   | |       /\   _    _|_  __   _   ,_
|     /  |  /  |  |/       /  \|/ \_|  |  / / _|/  /  |

Democrat is SIN and TREASON

New England Prepares for Hurricane's Direct Hit
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/612060c8f9fc60c713bcst04duc1
FBI Sees No 'Grand Scheme' Behind Attack on Capitol
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/612060c832d1c60c713bcst04duc2
Biden's Message: 'We Will Get You Home''
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/612060c851d5e60c713bcst04duc3