[Rushtalk] Trust the Science?

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Sun Jul 4 09:50:47 MDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: McIntosh Enterprises <ripmcintosh at msn.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 30, 2021, 1:59 PM

                                                    Trust the Science?
                                                      By: Judd Garrett
                                          Objectivity is the Objective
                                                         June 30, 2021

The new catchphrase these days to bully people into compliance is “trust
the science.” We are continually told, we must “trust the science”, and
 if we don’t “trust the science”, we are some sort of conspiracy theory
                                                          nut jobs.

                                              I have some questions:
    ● Isn’t it “the science” that created this Covid-19 pandemic in the
                                                       first place?

    ● Isn’t it “the science” that is responsible for millions of deaths
                                                         worldwide?

● Isn’t it “the scientists” that have lied and covered up the origins of
                Covid-19 for a year and a half to protect themselves?

      ● Isn’t the reason why we had a pandemic is because “the science”
                                         believed it was infallible?

  ● Didn’t “the science” believe that it could genetically manipulate a
                             deadly virus, and no harm would be done?

 ● Didn’t Mary Shelley warn us of this over 100 years ago in her novel,
                                                      Frankenstein?

   ● Isn’t hubris one of the biggest deadly flaws to which “scientists”
                                             continue to fall victim?

Maybe when scientists start acting honestly, responsibly, and ethically,
       then the rest of us would be willing to “trust the science” they
       produce. The pure discipline of science is not the problem. Many
       unbelievably great things for humanity are a result of science.

The issue is the unabashed arrogance that science displays from time to
time, as evidenced in the phrase “trust the science”. That arrogance is
  where science goes off the rails. So, we need to take a contradictory
       stance towards science. We need to believe in the importance and
potential of science, but at the same time continue to view science with
                                                    a skeptical eye.

       Science is made up of scientists, human beings who are fallible,
 imperfect, who are susceptible to human frailties like the rest of us;
  greed, pride, arrogance, selfishness, fear, short-sightedness, bias.
Scientists are not immune to the corrupting forces of the world to which
                                  the rest of us humans fall victim.

We have seen that on full display over the last year and a half. People
can no longer hide behind the moniker of “scientist”, and assume that it
                       makes them infallible, or immune to criticism.

Dr. Fauci was the scientist we were told to trust, yet didn’t he help to
 fund the viral gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Lab that created
  Covid-19? Didn’t he and Dr. Daszac pen a false letter lying about the
origins of Covid-19 that was published in the esteemed medical journal,
                                                        The Lancet?

              And, what were the scientists trying to achieve with that
gain-of-function research? Were they trying to get ahead of a naturally
   created pathogen? Were the scientists so arrogant that they believed
they would know the exact evolutionary path, of the many possible paths
the virus could take to become infectious to humans? And, why didn’t the
scientists already have a vaccine waiting for this novel virus that they
   created and on which they were experimenting? Wasn’t that the reason
they created the virus in the first place to be ahead of the virus with
                                                         a vaccine?

And, throughout the pandemic, many of our leaders who were telling us to
  follow the science rarely followed the science themselves. We knew in
   March 2020 that Covid-19 disproportionately affected the elderly and
   those with comorbidities, and was no worse than the seasonal flu the
     young and healthy. Yet, many states did very little to protect the
       elderly; New York, New Jersey, Michigan, all sent Covid-positive
  patients back to nursing homes which killed thousands of the elderly,
 while at the same time implementing very stringent restrictions on the
young and healthy; shutting down schools, canceling sports seasons, and
                                  locking down bars and restaurants.

Scientists have made many contradictory or false claims about the virus.
First, they told us masks were useless; then they told us we had to wear
      one mask; then they said we had to wear two masks. The scientists
claimed that the restrictions would be lifted, and we can go back to our
   normal life once we got the vaccine, but then they told us we're not
      allowed to go back to normal life even if we were vaccinated. The
 scientists claim that the vaccines are 100% safe, yet the FDA, a group
        of scientists, refuses to approve these vaccines other than for
                                                      emergency use.

  Now, the scientists are telling us to vaccinate people under 18, even
under 12. Won’t most, if not all, of the people in these age groups, get
       through a Covid-19 infection without even realizing they’ve been
infected? Covid-19 is clearly not an emergency for these age groups, yet
       the scientists are recommending they take a vaccine that is only
  approved for emergency use against it. Why would scientists recommend
people take these “experimental” medications to protect against a virus
which is not a threat to them? Are there potentially monetary reasons to
get as many people vaccinated as possible regardless of whether they are
                                                     at risk or not?

 The scientists told the world for 15 years that OxyContin was safe and
   not addictive. Doctors throughout our country prescribed this highly
   addictive and deadly drug to their patients on a regular basis which
created an epidemic of opioid addiction that is ravaging our communities
                                                            today.

      Purdue pharmaceuticals made billions of dollars off the lies they
       presented as science while the doctors who have been prescribing
OxyContin padded their bank accounts from the kickbacks on these lies.

This human tragedy which takes the lives of 80,000+ Americans every year
     was caused precisely because we listened to the scientists, and we
 listen to the doctors, many of whom were only concerned with their own
                                                         interests.

      So, here we are with more medications that the scientists and the
   doctors are claiming we must take, and are completely safe. The same
dynamic is at play here. Like Purdue Pharmaceutical with OxyContin, the
pharmaceutical companies are poised to make billions of dollars if every
  single American and every person around the world takes their vaccine
whether they need it or not. It is in their best interest to claim that
      everyone needs to get these vaccines and that they are 100% safe.

     I don’t know if the vaccines are safe or not, they may be. But the
scientists and the doctors have been wrong or lied about Covid too many
 times in the past 18 months, just as they lied about OxyContin that it
has become almost impossible to blindly “trust the science” anymore. And
the more people, especially those in power, who tell us to blindly trust
                    the science, the less trustworthy science appears.

   If it's important for people to trust the scientists, we must demand
  that the scientists start acting trustworthy, and stop lying to us to
                                              make money off of us.

       I am not an anti-vaxxer nor am I anti-science. I have taken many
        vaccines in my life. I’ve had all my children vaccinated on the
       recommended schedule. But to make the blanket statement that all
   vaccines are safe, and all science and scientists must be trusted is
                                                    very dangerous.

Remember, the same discipline, the same group of people who have brought
us these vaccines, are the same ones who brought us the virus, and they
are displaying the same level of arrogance toward the vaccines that was
                     needed to create the pandemic in the first place.

  Most doctors and scientists are great, but there are some doctors and
 scientists who were complete charlatans, so we must question them all.
If “science” wants to be treated like a credible source and trusted, the
                scientists must start acting credibly and trustworthy.

                                       If you've received this from a
                                   friend, and would like to be added
                                   to my distribution list for future
                                   emails, please click the subscribe
                                                       button below.
                                                           Subscribe

                                              Make your opinion known.
                                                          Take action!
                                                https://kwikletter.com
 You write the subject line and body of the letter, KwikLetter® handles
    the delivery address, return address, greeting, closing, signature,
             printing, stuffing, stamping, and placing in the US Mail.

           McIntosh Enterprises | North Lake Way, Palm Beach, FL 33480

Does iPod Touch Video Tell a Different Story Than Cops Did?
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60e1d8dd910d058dc35d1st03duc1
Pope Francis Goes In for Surgery
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60e1d8ddb47e458dc35d1st03duc2
New York Man Still Dodging Eviction After 20 Years
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60e1d8ddd84c758dc35d1st03duc3