[Rushtalk] Climate Org Inspired by Greta Thunberg Disbands After Labeling Itself 'Racist'

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Mon Jul 26 19:08:13 MDT 2021

Climate Org Inspired by Greta Thunberg Disbands After Labeling Itself
'Racist'

Garion FrankelJune 16, 2021

For years now, the radical left has ruled over activist circles with an
iron fist. While most of the attention is rightfully focused on their
external engagements, that doesn’t mean there isn’t internal strife
among leftists.

Sometimes, that dirty laundry even makes headlines.

Take School Strike 4 Climate, for example. According to National Review,
School Strike 4 Climate is a collection of local student-led movements,
inspired by Greta Thunberg, that all aim to battle climate change.

Advertisement - story continues below

Except for the chapter in Auckland, New Zealand, apparently.

The Auckland chapter announced in a Saturday Facebook post that the
group would be “disbanding as an organisation.” The reason? Because it’s
racist at its core, apparently.

“BIPOC communities are disproportionately affected by climate change, so
the fight for climate justice should be led by their voices and needs,
not Pākehā [white New Zealander] ones,” the organization said.

“We are disbanding because, since 2019, SS4C AKL (as well as the wider
national group, though we can’t speak on their behalf) has been a
racist, white-dominated space,” it continued, asserting that there is an
“urgent need to decolonise the organisation [that] has been put off for
far too long.”

The chapter lamented “the hurt, burnout, and trauma caused to many BIPOC
individuals” as well as “the further trauma caused by our slow action to
take responsibility. We recognise that this apology can never be enough
to make up for our actions on top of years of systemic and systematic
oppression.”

Have leftist groups near you suffered from internal division?
Yes No

Completing this poll entitles you to The Western Journal news updates
free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our
Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Yes: 77% (134 Votes)
No: 23% (40 Votes)
The group also “fully discourage[s] any future and current Pākehā-led
groups from occupying the space we leave behind.”

I’m sure the Aucklanders expected to receive universal praise and
acclaim for this decision. After all, in the philosophy of Woke, the
telos — or purpose — of a white person is to make a flagellant out of
themselves.

However, while the group did receive some support, many of the Facebook
comments were openly hostile — and the hostility wasn’t coming from
conservatives.

“As all children are legally obliged to go to school in NZ it seemed
like a smart idea to have one group for all children — as the future —
rather than a lot of smaller groups. We might not all be about to go
under water due to climate change but it’s certainly effecting everyone
on this planet and climate change doesn’t care (discriminate) about skin
colour or cultures. I didn’t think SS4C did either,” one person
commented.

“This is so dissappointing. This is identity politics gone mad.
Capitalism is eating the world and you are stopping! You need the
politics of solidarity in the movement, to keep trying, keep listening,
keep doing better but stopping — shortsighted, damaging to a movement
and the wrong move. There is a world to save. Every action, every voice
is needed and valid. Begging you as a mother not to stop,” another
progressive added.

Related:
Bill Gates Lectures Jet-Owning Billionaires About Climate Change at Sun
Valley Gathering
At play, we see the divide on the left between modernists and
postmodernists. While both apply critical social theory, they do so very
differently.

The modernists, represented by the hostile commenters, are primarily
concerned with the development of capitalism as a political-economic
system. They apply historical and cultural context in their analysis,
with a focus on combatting authority and injustice, which they see as
intrinsic within capitalism.

They usually don’t have an interest in woke nonsense, and legitimately
seek to unite people. As I am a capitalist and a conservative, and not
an orthodox Marxist, I completely disagree with them on most matters.
That being said, it is a position I can at least respect.

On the other hand, you have the postmodernists. Their interest is in
what is often termed the “crisis of representation.” They critique our
contemporary society, which they consider to be post-modern, and
relentlessly attack anything that can be considered universal, including
modernity and reality itself. This is where identity politics and
critical race theory come from.

Naturally, postmodernism is nonsense, as those who worship it
dogmatically assert their ideas while simultaneously arguing that truth
does not exist, and the divide between it and modern critical theory can
be seen clearly.

I use one, invented word to describe this phenomenon, in which the left
eats itself with its own theory: cannibaliberalism. Hopefully, the
Auckland chapter’s decision inspires other leftist organizations to do
the same.

It would only make things easier for us.

Garion Frankel
Contributor, Commentary
SummaryMore Biographical InformationRecent PostsContact
Garion Frankel is the senior policy advisor for the Texas Federation of
College Republicans. He enjoys and has published articles and academic
works on public policy, philosophy and political theory.

https://www.westernjournal.com/climate-org-inspired-greta-thunberg-disbands-labeling-racist/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter-CT&utm_campaign=dailypm&utm_content=conservative-tribune&ats_es=571b5a1f8fc7f845205c4b455b205b6c

Report: Jailhouse Informants Were Offered 'Sex for Lies'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60ff5cb7f25365cb73cf5st02vuc1
Biden: COVID Long-Haulers Qualify for ADA Protections
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60ff5cb8259ae5cb73cf5st02vuc2
Republicans Seething Over Pelosi's Move
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60ff5cb848f9e5cb73cf5st02vuc3