[Rushtalk] Republican Party of Wyoming votes to no longer recognize Rep. Liz Cheney as a Republican

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Tue Nov 16 07:38:08 MST 2021

     1. Blaze Media /
     2. News

Republican Party of Wyoming votes to no longer recognize Rep. Liz Cheney
as a Republican
News
Carlos Garcia
November 15, 2021

Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images

Like Blaze News? Get the news that matters most delivered directly to
your inbox.

The Republican Party of Wyoming voted on Saturday to no longer recognize
Rep. Liz Cheney as a member of their party.

Cheney has been one of the most outspoken critics of former President
Donald Trump. She was among the 10 Republican members of Congress who
voted to impeach Trump the second time when Democrats brought up charges
of inciting an insurrection on Jan. 6.

The state party central committee voted 31-29 during a meeting in
Buffalo, Wyoming, to formally censure Cheney for the second time.

A spokesperson for Cheney responded to the vote in a statement to the
Associated Press.

"She is bound by her oath to the Constitution. Sadly a portion of the
Wyoming GOP leadership has abandoned that fundamental principle and
instead allowed themselves to be held hostage to the lies of a dangerous
and irrational man," said Jeremy Adler.

He added that it was "laughable" for the state party to suggest Cheney
was anything other than a "conservative Republican."

Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship.
Listen to The Rubin Report now.
The vote might have been at least in part a response to a scathing
speech Cheney gave on Tuesday excoriating the former president and his
claims about fraud in the 2020 election which he lost to President Joe
Biden.

"At this moment when it matters most, we are also confronting a domestic
threat that we've never faced before: a former president who's
attempting to unravel the foundations of our constitutional Republic,
aided by political leaders who have made themselves willing hostages to
this dangerous and irrational man," said Cheney during the speech.

She went on in the speech to rebuke the policies of Biden and the
Democratic Party and enumerate the principles of conservatism as she saw
them.

Cheney is facing a list of primary challengers for the at-large seat for
Wyoming. Trump has endorsed Cheyenne attorney Harriet Hageman.

"Liz Cheney stopped recognizing what Wyomingites care about a long time
ago," Hageman claimed. "When she launched her war against President
Trump, she completely broke with where we are as a state."

Cheney responded to the endorsement with a defiant message: "Bring it."

Here's Cheney's comments on Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p_zYOcGLpI

https://www.theblaze.com/news/wyoming-gop-liz-cheney-vote?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM%202021-11-16&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20AM

Choose to be safer online.
Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.
Plans starting as low as $6.95 per month.*
https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&utm_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&utm_content=tag695&promoCode=A34454