[Rushtalk] Whoopi Says 'My Child Makes the Decision' on Abortion, Implying Babies Are Alive in Womb and Want to Be Aborted

Carl Spitzer {C Juno} cwsiv at juno.com
Fri Jul 22 10:50:18 MDT 2022

Babies Want to Be Dismembered? Whoopi Says 'My Child Makes the Decision'
on Abortion, Implying Babies Are Alive in Womb and Want to Be Aborted

Grant Atkinson, The Western Journal By Grant Atkinson, The Western
Journal
Published May 3, 2022 at 6:27pm

After a draft of a Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade leaked
on Monday night, many leftists quickly launched into full scale panic
over the prospect of facing restrictions on killing babies.

During Tuesday’s episode of “The View,” co-host Whoopi Goldberg had one
of the most ridiculous reactions of all.

Goldberg began by discussing mask mandates as they relate to bodily
autonomy.

“You’ve got people telling me I gotta wear a mask or don’t wear a mask
or do this,” Goldberg said. “Everybody wants to tell me what to do, but
you won’t let me make my decision about my body.”

Stop the censors, sign up to get today's top stories delivered right to
your inbox

>From the start of this rant, Goldberg’s logic is confusing. If she is
arguing people should be able to make choices about their bodies, that
would suggest they could choose whether or not to wear a mask.

This was a far cry from her previous support of mandating masks for all
Americans. In May 2021, Goldberg suggested people should put aside
“concerns about your personal space” in favor of “what is good for the
country.”

In other words, Goldberg wanted Americans to simply submit to mask and
vaccine mandates during the COVID-19 pandemic. Now that abortion is on
the chopping block, she is suddenly changing her tune and suggesting
Americans should have the right to choose whether to end another life.

But that was not even the most outlandish suggestion Goldberg made on
Tuesday. As she continued railing against the potential for laws
prohibiting the killing of babies, she said the babies themselves should
be the ones choosing whether or not they are aborted.

“You are not the person to make that decision,” Goldberg said about
abortion. “My doctor and my self and my child, that’s who makes the
decision.”

In order to make a decision about abortion, the child Goldberg is
referring to would have to be a sentient human being. If Goldberg
actually believes the child decides whether or not to be aborted, she is
admitting babies are alive in the womb, which cuts directly against the
traditional pro-abortion argument.

Of course, even though babies in the womb are in fact human beings, the
suggestion that they can make decisions on abortion is ridiculous. These
babies are alive, but they still lack the mental or physical
capabilities to make decisions of this magnitude.

Even after babies are born, it takes years for them to develop basic
reasoning skills. For the first year of his life, the average baby
cannot even speak for himself.

If babies did have the mental and physical capacity while in the womb to
decide if they wanted to be aborted, chances are they would choose not
to be brutally dismembered.

Goldberg’s argument is a typical one from the pro-abortion crowd — full
of logical flaws and self-contradictions.

If pro-abortion activists took the time to really think through what
they were saying, they would realize how deeply immoral abortion is.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/babies-want-dismembered-whoopi-says-child-makes-decision-abortion-implying-babies-alive-womb-want-aborted